Search results

1. jono2445

Electric window problem...

The passenger electric window on my 2007 Ibiza Fr has stopped working, I would have thought it was the motor but theres a few other problems which might be related? 1. Passenger window doesnt work off either switch 2. Drivers side has stopped the one touch operation and doesnt want to re code...
  2. jono2445

Can I put a ibiza from tdi gearbox into my cupra tdi

Would a FR 1.9 TDi gearbox do the job? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Ibiza-FR-TDI-2008-1-9-Turbo-Diesel-BLT-6-Speed-Manual-Gearbox-KPB-/252879119691?hash=item3ae0c5254b:g:QsIAAOSwYXVYzRcs (Not mine, just found it on ebay!)
  3. jono2445

Wheel Size on Ibiza Mk4(6L)

I think you'll need 215 35 18 tyres to run 18s on your Ibiza Not sure if you'll have problems with the arches if you're lowered though...
  4. jono2445

Flip key, will it work

It can be done, you do have to remove the transponder from your spare key though There's a guide in the FAQ section: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102433
  5. jono2445

Aftermarket radio compatible with steering wheel controls?

Depending on your head unit, i think it's something like: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SEAT-Altea-Leon-Ibiza-Toledo-Steering-Wheel-Stalk-Control-Adaptor-CTSST001-/350516665044
  6. jono2445

Dashboard Always ON

If you mean the mileage and time LCD parts of the speedo and rev counter, then these are always on, this is normal If you have the left LCD screen on mpg for example, it will revert to the time when the ignition is switched off Hope this helps!
  7. jono2445

Faulty Electrics (immobiliser issue)

Did you just unplug the cam sensor then start the engine? Does it bring on the engine management light? Any problems with running with this unplugged? Thanks, Jon
  8. jono2445

Whats all your thoughts

Let the garage fix it if its under warranty, so you won't have to pay if you go elsewhere If your not happy with the car, ask if you can return the car for your money back?
  9. jono2445

Fitting a factory stereo not originally from the car

Seeing as you asked nice [B)]
  10. jono2445

Ibiza Fr suspension change

Is your FR currently lowered? I think the tyre size is wrong - my FR has 205/40/17 tyres as standard Could be why its rubbing?
  11. jono2445

Fitting a factory stereo not originally from the car

The standard Alana MP3 radio should work in your Ibiza, providing no-one has chopped the wiring My 2007 FR also has the AUX port near the handbrake as above ^^
  12. jono2445

No power going to my headunit

Do you have a volt meter so you can check there is +12v at the connections? Do you have another headunit yo can try?
  13. jono2445

Ibiza FR PD130 Alarm Keeps Going Off!

When you unlock the car with the key in the door, do the indicators flash? I think they should, as this shows the alarm has been disabled Also, when you open the door, does the interior light come on? The microswitches in the doors can fail, and the car will try to lock itself with you inside!
  14. jono2445

Central Locking system not acting as it should

Its in the mk4 Ibiza FAQ section Have a look for microswitch guide (can't post the link for some reason :confused: )
  15. jono2445

Central Locking system not acting as it should

Not sure about the first issue, but for the second, does the interior lights come on when you open the doors? If the light doesnt come on, the car thinks you havent opened the door and locks you in The sensors in the doors is a common problem, and theres a guide on here how to fix it
  16. jono2445

Ibiza FR 1.9 TDI won't start - Advice please

Mine does this occasionally, but starts fine when it has been used previously that day Usually starts after a few seconds with the throttle held down Makes me think it has something to do with fuel / injectors, but it runs fine once its started with plenty of power
  17. jono2445

Ibiza FR clocks display

There's a few warning lights in there, but not many, most are located in the rev counter / speedo
  18. jono2445

FR TDi Starting Problems

Thanks for that, I charged the battery for about 4 hours and it started 1st time off the key (no throttle) Looks like I need a new battery... Thanks, Jon
  19. jono2445

FR TDi Starting Problems

Having problems starting my 2007 Ibiza FR TDi, when the engine's cold It turns over but won't fire up, after about 30 seconds of holding the throttle down & turning the key, it fires up, but will sometimes cut out when idling When the engine's warmed up a bit it runs fine, has plenty of...
  20. jono2445

Remap vs tdi tuning box?

Thanks for that, why would you say the tuning boxes are awful? Sorry I'm new to this ;)
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.