Search results

1. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

For my future reference, and to save paying a local garage, how did your clean it out without removing trim etc.?
  2. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Sounds like exactly the same thing as mine. Tell the garage it's the left rear sunroof drain. Local VAG garage fixed mine in under 2 hours.
  3. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Problem solved. Was a blocked rear drain. Fixed for £140 at a local independent VAG garage. Cheers for all your help.
  4. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Still early days, but looks like it's my hinge as well. Gaffered it up with Gorilla tape and tested it with the hose pipe and seems to have fixed the issue. What was the cost for getting yours professionally sorted?
  5. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Thanks, that's really helpful. The blocked rear drain sounds like my issue.... Hopefully it's not too difficult to remove all those plastic covers without breaking clips! Which I hadn't bothered with a sun roof.... Cost £900, I hardly use it, constantly rattles and now this! 😭
  6. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Thanks for the info. Pretty sure it's coming in through the roof somewhere because the roof liner gets wet and then the water finds its way to the vents above the storage area on the left hand side of the boot. I have put gaffer tape around the boot hinge to see if that stops the leak and if...
  7. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Yes I do have a sun roof. I'll take a proper look at it today but do you know how I can check if the drains are blocked? Thanks
  8. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Cheers for the info. Hopefully that's where is getting in and it's a relatively easy fix.
  9. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Hi Matt Thanks for the reply. Definitely sure it's not the rear windscreen jet. I had been noticing water in the boot after heavy rain and then recreated it today with the hose pipe. The boot rubber seal seems fine so I don't think that's the issue but there is a weld seam and the boot...
  10. Leon ST 65 plate - leak in boot

Hi. My Leon ST (65 plate) has developed a leak in the boot. Water appears to be getting in around the left hand boot hinge and dripping through the roof liner and also running down the boot pillar and dripping through the vents that are located above the cubby hole storage area in the left...
  11. Tank capacity

I have got 48 litres into my tank when computer is saying 10 miles to go.
  12. Cupra 300 ST DSG AWD vs Cupra 280 SC DSG Sub8 FWD - Back-to-back

Can't you find a decent 290 ST? Would be cheaper and more fun.
  13. Rear bumper protector

Cheers. Will look into them as ebay sellers seem hit and miss.
  14. Rear bumper protector

Cheers. Sorry didn't say I was looking for matte black as chrome a little to bling for my taste but if they are good quality will look at their black protectors.
  15. Rear bumper protector

Hi Anybody able to recommend a rear bumper protector? I have got a few deep scratches on mine and want to cover it up before I do anymore damage! Loads on eBay but not sure which is best to go for. Cheers Brett
  16. Why I use a Micro Sd card for music..

Or you could buy one of these http://www.gearbest.com/cables-adapter/pp_118690.html?currency=GBP&vip=760246&gclid=Cj0KCQjw5arMBRDzARIsAAqmJewcmO-Y3YCmWhJrMnvWP_WCFpoSYL-FPraIhrUXuNom48xkLt85zF0aAr85EALw_wcB
  17. Cupra v Golf r

38 mpg seems very high. I only get anywhere near that in long motorway journeys.
  18. 2017 Leon dash cam using USB

That's exactly the same set up as I have and I can't for the life of me work out why it doesn't take sufficient power. Mines a mini 0806 model. Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  19. 2017 Leon dash cam using USB

Mine is hard wired but also doesn't get enough power and every week or so I have to boost it from the cigarette light....bloody annoying! What make is you camera?
  20. End of my Seat journey

Guessing that's about £30k's worth of car and a year older than a Leon worth about £15k .....so, as already said, not really comparable
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.