Search results

1. IMG Warrington for repair work - recommendations?

Never used them. Always used my local SEAT Dealership in Crewe for any warranty work when I had my LEON 184. Can recommend them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. bridgestones are awfull

Yes Michelin PS4 ;) The s on the end meant all 4 tyres changed to them. Couldn’t wait for the rears to wear as like the poster has quoted they are an awful tyre. These tyres will transform your car to something more enjoyable. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  3. bridgestones are awfull

Had the same problem on my 184 from New with Bridgestone S001s fitted. Switched to Michelin pilot sport 4s on the 18” upgraded alloys and it transformed the car. Had grip felt more confident in the wet and around corners. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  4. 1.8TSI DSG lag

Disagree in this instance. Yes I believe the DTUK box can do this. But was running one of these for a year on 1+1 setting without issue. The only time I got limp home mode is when I fitted the pedal box using the sport+3 setting and using the same setting on the DTUK box. The only way I could...
  5. 1.8TSI DSG lag

Be careful with the setting you’ve chosen. I ran my then LEON 2.0TDI with a pedal box and the DTUK box. Stared well and then after a couple of months the pedal box caused the car to go into limp home mode had the ignition coil light on and would go off with multiple start and stops. In the end...
  6. Dtuk box has arrived

Yep. 1+1 will give you the most power I found when I fitted one to my LEON 184. Will make the car a totally different thing to drive. You'll get better acceleration on the get go. But you'll need decent tyres to help with the increased torque. As others have mentioned wheel spin can be a bit of...
  7. Cupra 300 Insurance

In my Scoobie days back in early to mid 2000's I used LV as it was given the thumbs up by fellow Impreza owners. Now a days it's brokers such as Keith Michaels etc.. that seem to get you the better deals. As long as you've had performance cars in the past. At the moment I've insured both my Then...
  8. VW Golf R 310 DSG vs. SEAT Leon Cupra 300 DSG

It's horses for courses. The 6 speed I had was in a Diesel (TDI) and was good enough for the car. As for petrol the 7-speed I'm using in my Golf R petrol is handy. To be honest the only thing I see more is that in Sport/race mode it goes to S6 instead of in my 6-speed TDI only going to S5. Not...
  9. Who has got their Fr tdi's mapped-options/recommendations

Yep it's the PP1895 and I only had it for 8 months to try with the DTUK CRDT+. Personally thought it made the engine rev better. But hadn't done a rolling road etc.. to prove that. Send me a private message and I can discuss this with you further. ;)
  10. VW Golf R 310 DSG vs. SEAT Leon Cupra 300 DSG

Personally It's not bad having the 7 speed DSG compared to the 6 Speed. Currently gone from a 6 speed in a 184 FR TDI LEON to the Golf Mk7.5 R. Only problem is if using the paddles is your downshifting 1 more if needed. Also when planting the power down it can catch the DSG box out. Feels like...
  11. Who has got their Fr tdi's mapped-options/recommendations

I had no issues with my DTUK box, and that was with this being fitted for 18 months. Only issues I saw was when I added the optional pedal box and got a bit carried away with the settings. Was fine with sport +3 for a couple of months until one day driving out of the fuel station noticed the...
  12. Chosen a Cupra 300 over a BMW M240i

Yep. It's a shame the indicator pack is an option on BMWs. :lol: it's free on a SEAT :rofl:
  13. Fr standard spec

18" wheels were an option on mine. Normally 17". Depends on what the 18" alloys are now? Had the performance ones. Sports seats standard (if you can call them that). Options on material. Standard were cloth with leather outer. Options were full leather and Alacantera with leather outlets. I...
  14. Who has got their Fr tdi's mapped-options/recommendations

Won't remapping void the warranty? One of the reasons I got a DTUK for mine then FR 184 DSG and went the extra hog with the pedal box and pipercross panel filter. When it came to servicing it was simple as just removing the gear and putting it back on again. Will say the DTUK stuff is top...
  15. Uneven Tyre wear

Get rid of the Bridgestones ASAP! Had the S001s fitted from new when I owned my 184 FR TDI technology, and they were a bit of a curse. As soon as the opportunities arose changed all 4 to Michelin pilot sport 4's. what a difference to the handling it made, especially in the wet. Although for...
  16. Leon FR 150 or Leon FR 184?

My old 184 (in black)with DSG, winter and convenience packs is currently for sale over at Crewe SEAT. Give us a shout as I've still got the DTUK CRDT+ tuning box and pipercross panel filter which gave the car a much needed boost and unleashed the beast Roughly 235/240 BHP and 500nm torque
  17. Well it's goodbye to Seat

Yep did the same. Have gone to the dark side. Like you looked and thought about swapping from my then 184 dSG TDI to a Cupra 300. Then did a bit of research with you tube reviews etc.. have now got a more 7.5 Golf R with virtually all the options except keyless and reverse camera which I'm...
  18. Mk3 184 fr handling

Seconded. Had the rain sport 2s in the past. Nice tyre, fantastic grip in dry and wet conditions. But yes the tyre walls on them were soft as I remember.
  19. Those upgraded their 184 FR TDI to a Cupra....

Thought I'd reply and give an update. Unfortunately I didn't make it to my nearest SEAT dealership and instead got diverted to the Volkswagen one next door :-( Just got back from test driving a mark 7.5 golf R with DSG and most of the toys I want. Short story is I'm joining the dark side ;-)...
  20. Mk3 184 fr handling

No, not just you either. One of my biggest gripes with the FR 184 TDI I have is the amount of roll you get. Even though the suspension is supposed to be 15 mm lower than the standard car. Even stationary on a fast road, cars flying past would make the car rock a little. I had the Bridgestone...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise