Search results

1. Winter Alloy Set for sale in Durham

If any are interested, I'm selling my Winter wheels due to parting with the car earlier in the year. Any one interested let me know before I put them on flea bay.: Set of 4, 18" "Super Metal" black alloy wheels, c/w 225/40R18 92V Dunlop Winter Sport 5. Taken from a Seat Leon Cupra 280. Wheels...
  2. Cupra has gone!

Well I said goodbye to my Cupra and collected a 330i Beamer. Some of you may be aware I loved the car but couldnt handle the incompetance of the local dealer any more. The car was taken in to Seat 5 times for an oil leak, first 3 times they insisted it was the engine sump plug. Last two visits...
  3. 280 going for a 330 Beamer

Looks like you'll be getting an Audi or BMW then
  4. 280 going for a 330 Beamer

The Cupra is the only car I planned on keeping after 3 yrs but after still not having my oil leak sorted which I posted about here May / June time, that turns out to possiblely be a hairline fracture in the gear box I'm getting a 3-series 330 petrol. Loved the Cupra, great looking car, bit...
  5. Can't reset service message

Sorry, I said OBD2 I was thinking of my other car. I cleared it with OBDeleven, its pretty good for changing a number of settings and theres some indepth posts here if you search for them.
  6. Can't reset service message

Ive had the same, 1st service I could reset using the youtube method, however the second I couldnt. I believe it depends on the service, some do require a software based reset' OBD2 etc. Seat dealer confirmed this.
  7. Wheel Nut Torque

Think its 120Nm.
  8. 3rd sump plug seal failure

Thanks Hughes395, they even claim they change the washer every oil service, I believe this is best practice but says a lot when you've reused yours and had no issue.
  9. 3rd sump plug seal failure

I had my car serviced a few weeks ago and reported an oil leak from what appeared to be the sump plug. When picking up my car I was given a run around over what the problem was, eventually they admitted it was from the sump plug and stated that Seat use a plastic washer now which is prone to...
  10. Would you buy another?

My Cupra is the only car I've owned that I plan on keeping past 3years old. It ticks every box for me! Would I buy a new one again, yes if they didnt put the poxy electronic handbreak in!
  11. motorway journeys from new

I ran mine in as per the handbook. I'm sure Seat will of wrote it to protect the engine as much as possible. So if your planning on keeping it, to me it makes sense to do as the manufacturer advises. From speaking to a performance engine builder, engine breaking beds the engine in better...
  12. Cupra DSG or Manual

The weakness of the clutch was mentioned to me when I discussed a APR map with an installer, he recogns they are prone to slip if they are using the upper settings in the map. DSG is supposidly the best option for a map. I can't see any reason why he wouldn't be correct in his claim. Personally...
  13. Cupra DSG or Manual

Im thinking the same line as FR184, I believe its a European requirement to reduce power significantly if the break and accelerator are struck at the same time. This is relating to the volume of people who panic at times and hit both pedals instead of just the brake. You really notice it if you...
  14. Tyres for a MK11 Diesel FR with map

Thats not what theyre saying but the fact they wont implies theyre after a sale for 4. Ive had this many a time from various Main Tyre Dealer types (National Tyres etc). New tyres on the front of a car with used rubber on the back is supposed to signifficantly increase the effect of oversteer...
  15. Tyres for a MK11 Diesel FR with map

Thanks guys. Gone for the PS4, £106 / corner. Only changing the fronts as the backs are still really healthy although Costco refuse to put the new ones on the front. My weekend job will be to swap them!
  16. Tyres for a MK11 Diesel FR with map

Hi Guys, The wifes car is due a new set of fronts, shes running Bridgestone Potenzas but thought of putting her on Michelins. Ive a MK111 Cupra and use the Super Sports, do these work aswell on the Diesel Supercopa with a map. Any suggestions appreciated.
  17. Cupra 280 average miles per tank

Thats strange, my economy hasnt changed between summer and winter. Never heard of a petrol doing that, diesel certainly but not petrol. Be interesting to see if others are having reduced economy.
  18. Cupra 280 average miles per tank

In 14431 miles since new Ive averaged 29.08 mpg which is probably around 300 miles / tank. Thats 10mile round trip each day to work in start stop traffic, then spanking it just about every week end. So very happy with the economy for what the car can do!
  19. One of you lot?

I totally agree Andycupra, however if you do 60 in a fifty there wil be people saying your a moron, your an idiot, stupid, reckless, your irresponsible. You may think 60 is acceptable though. My point being its all relative. I always (within 2ish mph) drive to 20, 30 and 50 limits but 60 & 70...
  20. One of you lot?

What he said! If you've only ever driven to or under the speed limit then you can take the moral high ground. Anything else is a double standard! Every one needs to comment on every one else now days, people wont be happy until were electronically governed to the exact speed limit and arnt...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.