Search results

1. boneybradley

My Cupra Mk1 daily to track project

Only a small update this time, well I broke it! Ok it was only the clutch master cylinder but that gave me chance to switch to ATE Type 200 fluid and also fit new "medium to hard" compound pads by Cosworth as I had another day at Blyton booked. Sadly my brakes are still not quite up to the...
  2. boneybradley

I am looking at using the earlier TT arms which you can mod to fit the normal anti-roll bar, my coilovers don't have the drop link tab plus I run a whiteline front anti-roll bar which wasn't cheap so ideally will keep that. oh I'm on standard but polybushed drop links and suffer no driveshaft...
  3. boneybradley

I will look into those, seem quite well priced tbh (compared to others I've seen) and I work in the parts trade so maybe they need a UK dealer?
  4. boneybradley

What cam belt and water pump

We stock the Gates belt kit (with or without the damper) we're UK based and keep all the kits stock https://oemandmore.co.uk/timing-belt-kit-18-20v-inc-18t-2000-2004-15754-p.asp
  5. boneybradley

Attending a Trackday?

First time not only at Blyton but on track (I was drag racing previously!) booked again for May which is a couple of different circuit layouts compared to last time.
  6. boneybradley

Attending a Trackday?

I just did Blyton Park last Saturday 27th and despite the rain and wind, it was great fun! But it's certainly tough on brakes (unless that was just my set up?)
  7. boneybradley

Well, I finally got some time on track at Blyton Park last Saturday, sadly the weather wasn't good with rain showers and a wet track. It made certain corners a little more fun!! I did have the car properly 4 wheel aligned and got some feedback from the owner (who tracks a BMW) and I am now...
  8. boneybradley

Just realised I've not updated this, well car is built enough for my first track day. Taking it easy and doing Blyton Park later this month and then Cadwell in early May Seated nice and tight. novice sticker required! (more of that later!) The AD08r's are certainly sticky! oh and the 2...
  9. boneybradley

It's getting close to being back on its wheels, new suspension and brakes are all fitted (along with both front wheel bearings and a steering rack as all were past it!) and my tyres are finally here, I've gone for Yokohama AD08R after they were highly recommended Next is MOT and then to...
  10. boneybradley

Finally an update, the car is now in the garage having its brakes and suspension fitted and I now have most of my other required parts. Rear brace ready for fitting Seat and harness Intercooler now has silicon hoses and is free from it's liner (I am working on getting it a new cover for more...
  11. boneybradley

Going to build a race 1m

commenting so I can follow the project. I'm making my 1M into a track day car (will be interesting to see what you do)
  12. boneybradley

I keep adding to my collection of parts, sadly apart from stripping the full interior out no further progress on the car currently. But my new coilovers have now arrived 20190216_144145 by boneybradley My brakes are now ready for fitting 20190213_105948 by boneybradley and whilst I have been...
  13. boneybradley

Building a Cupra track car... advice needed..

I have started a build thread (should have done a few years back when I bought the car tbh!) https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/my-cupra-mk1-daily-to-track-project.449258/
  14. boneybradley

I have owned this Cupra for a couple of years (I bought it from my brother who got it from Manheim) and it has gone from a daily to drag strip car and now is under transformation to a track day car. Day car was bought by my brother 100% standard. He added a milltek, decat and had it mapped...
  15. boneybradley

Building a Cupra track car... advice needed..

Any updates on this? I'm currently stripping my Cupra for track
  16. boneybradley

Altea - how old is yours, how many miles and...

2006 1.9tdi Reference on 131000 miles and it decided to blow the turbo seals yesterday! Other than that it's being a great car and will be getting a repair
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise