Search results

1. sirjimalot

MAP sensor repeatedly failing. 4th in 6 months. Help

After having no look the with the other two posts at all ive found myself here hoping someobe may have an idea. MAP sensor failed again last night that's the 4th one I've had in 6 months. 3 new 1 from the scrappy. What's happening is when I fit a new sensor the car feels great. After a...
  2. sirjimalot

16621 3rd Map sensor in 3 months

Pretty much just that. Returning the 16221 signal too low code again. All wiring has been checked by auto elec before fitting the last sensor which has lasted about 8 weeks. Basically I'm sick to death and wondered if anyone had any other ideas.
  3. sirjimalot

MAP Sensor Woes

Hi Guys, Im having major issues with fault codes 16621 - Manifold Pressure / Boost Sensor (G31) Signal Too Low P0237 - 35-00 - - And 16490 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96) Implausable Signal P0106 - 35-00 - - Ive been led to believe that these codes are related...
  4. sirjimalot

QPENG downpipe, anyone tried?

http://www.qpeng.com/component/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,18/category_id,6/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,75/ Anyone have any experience with this downpipe? Just thinking about saving a bit of money (I know it's not always the best thing to do) But I wondered if...
  5. sirjimalot

What colour for my OZ Superturismo

Just after people's opinions. I've acquired a set of 5 OZ Superturismo's the Seat Sport ones. 4 need refurbing. I will do these at work so any colour is an option. I'm just thinking do I do them original silver or Gunmetal or Black etc? I will be re applying the seat sport decals etc but...
  6. sirjimalot

9 Returning Fault Codes

Need some help guys Stuck in limp mode and i cant get rid of codes they just keep re appearing. after a bit of research it seems people are suggesting fuel pump relay etc, i just need a definate answer if anyone can help. cheers
  7. sirjimalot

Decat and lambda issue

i know similar has been asked but ive just fitted my 3" dp and decat and getting a whole host of fault codes flashing up! some point to fuel pump relay but it was fine before dp fitted. i dont have a spacer for the lambda im just wondering how many people had a similar problem and what...
  8. sirjimalot

Is this a respectable 1/4 mile?

I was at bug jam last weekend and managed to get 14 runs in. 9 on the friday night and 5 on the Saturday. Fridays times were better due to it being on the evening and temps were much cooler. Anyways my best time was a 14.028 @ 96.8mph I am running a stage 1 Revo map set to 95RON...
  9. sirjimalot

HID's Flickering

i know its been asked alot here, ive done a search and no one has a real answer to the problem or what they have done to solve it, My drivers headlamp is flickering its nutts off, after just 30 seconds of being on it flickers and then goes off, mt last set of HID's didnt cause me any...
  10. sirjimalot

Changed Vac Lines, Now im Chattering

Hi Guys, I've just changed out all my vac lines for new ones, before I changed them my DV used to 'Whoosh' as it were, Now it has a kind of Cossie chatter to it, All I did was switched the lines out, kept the 1 way valve etc. I have done the N249 bypass and ditched the SAI, but I don't...
  11. sirjimalot

Laguna FMIC Pipework

Im trying to organise a Laguna fmic, i have read the guide and seen a few pictures of peoples done, I cant justify spending £100 for Reducers and bends etc. So i was wondering if anyone had re-routed the pipework, something like the 225 routing, Im debating getting a tube bender and...
  12. sirjimalot

Has anyone owned their Ibiza from new?

Bit of a random one really, But just wondering if anyone has had their Ibiza since it was brand new? Or who has had their's the longest, cause i know a few of you have had them a VERY long time. Just out of interest
  13. sirjimalot

Brakes seizing after a few miles

I'm seem to be having a problem with my front brakes seizing on after a few miles of driving, Basically when I get in the car the pedal has a fair few inches of travel, After a few miles if you just touch the pedal it feels like you have been sat pumping the brakes and has about a quarter of...
  14. sirjimalot

No Speedo and Crazy Fuel Gauge

ive done a search on this and people have said its happened to them and the plugs on the gearbox were either off or bad connections, this isnt the case with mine, nor is there an apparent earth problem, I have had no speedo since August now, and its getting annoying as im not clocking any...
  15. sirjimalot

what is this,

Still not got the motor running right, and still over fueling, It has a white plug that fits next to the air filter, but I'm unsure what it is and whatnot, anyone help me out? Cheers
  16. sirjimalot

ADL Overfueling

As some of you may know i have a mk3 with an ADL motor in it, had a few issues with it, most of which are sorted now! I have a new gearbox to go in but im reluctant to do it until i sort one more thing out! Overfueling, on startup i have alot of black smoke coming from the exhaust and...
  17. sirjimalot

Wont idle, Funny missfire

Car idles lumpy as hell, which is expected from the cams but it wont idle after a rev or if you dip the clutch on the move it just stalls. if you sit on the spot and rev to about 2/2.5 k it starts to miss, but when you drive its fine, other thing is that when you accelerate low down in the...
  18. sirjimalot

Flames, Issues and Automobiles

Hi all, Ihave my ADL in my mk3 now, just a few issues still remain, Firstly im stuck with the normal idle issue caused by the ISV etc. Secondly when i accelerate every now and again i get little to no power and i can hear the engine sucking shed loads of air in and thats all so im...
  19. sirjimalot

1.8 16v Won't Start

Just finished putting an ADL motor in my mk3, Made a loom etc. and it fired up straight away, but since then it hasnt fired. It will fire by squirting brake cleaner into throttle body, I have checked all Vacuum's and ISV. I have spark and fuel flows out the fuel pipe when...
  20. sirjimalot

Standard wheel colour

Anyone know what the standard wheel colour is on the cupra, cause someone has *******ised mine with satin black Cheers