Search results

1. Battery Light Flashing

Check your belt tension, cold and damp might be making it slip for a few seconds on start up.
  2. Battery Light Flashing

Your battery isn't holding a charge, if your battery is a bit dodgy it'll show in winter when you're using heaters, heated mirrors and rear windscreen and lights all the time, new battery time by the sounds of it.
  3. Dim warning light on temp gauge

That's odd, think you're gonna need an auto electrician there mate, if it's still doing it after you disconnect from the thing is meant to warm you about then it's picking up a live from somewhere it shouldn't be.
  4. Dim warning light on temp gauge

I had a similar issues that developed into the car beeping at me every morning and the light staying on, if you look in your coolant header tank you'll see two metal pins, these get a bit gunked up, get yourself a small piece of sponge or something similar (not tissue, you don't want anything...
  5. Misting car

Mine did this a lot last year, just randomly steaming up while I'm driving, realised yesterday though that it's been pretty good this winter, I read somewhere they were prone to it and like you my carpets are dry, no water ingress, it's definitely coming from blowers. Maybe moisture building...
  6. TFSI Engine Comparison

Well the temp issue is your thermostat, it isn't reaching full temperature in motion because air passing through the rad is cooling it down, check your fan isn't coming on from cold too, if it is point your dealer at that as well, give him hell.
  7. TFSI Engine Comparison

Honestly I don't think my 57 plate fr is as noisy as either of them but the cupra sounds awful, could be any of the usual suspects, the chain tensioner and the l cam follower would both make it sound bad. However, if that's from cold then consider resetting the ecu, mine was done recently...
  8. 2.0 tfsi fr turbo howling

Little update, it was the turbo after all, currently getting fitted now. My wallet hurts...
  9. Cleaning Material Seats

Might be better off making a thread about it mate, this one's about cleaning seats, more people will see your issue and you're more likely to get help. I've not got the diesel but if you mean the belly pan I wouldn't think any pipe would be attached to it, your turbo is down there though...
  10. Cleaning Material Seats

Mine were quite badly water marked so I hired a carpet cleaner with small tools, worked a treat, I tried various stain removers but never really got anywhere with them.
  11. Leon aux into standard help/advise needed

Your aux lead should be on the centre console but if your head unit only says cd then it looks like you don't have one, check under your drivers seat for a USB/ipod connection instead, as far as I know most models had one or the other, mines a 57 plate and I've got aux but no USB.
  12. Key fob not unlocking??

I had the same thing, changed my battery and didn't need to reprogram the key, dunno why.
  13. 2.0 tfsi fr turbo howling

Looks like it's not the turbo! Managed to get my head under it properly and with the sound following the engine it's looking like a dry pulley/ alternator bearing, whatever it is it isn't 800 quid just for the part. Thanks for the input chaps, it's appreciated.
  14. Smell of petrol

I just took it into a local parts place and he matched it up with one, they're nowt special.
  15. Smell of petrol

Yeah, it sits in a recess so it seals when you tighten the cap, have a poke around with a little screwdriver, it can be hard to see but it's there, pop it off and see if it's split anywhere, they start to crack with age.
  16. Smell of petrol

I had the same mate, take your fuel cap off and check the large O ring on it, mine had split in a few places and cost a grand total of 30p to fix.
  17. 2.0 tfsi fr turbo howling

Will do mate, gonna try to get it in my mates garage after work, every time I step out the house to have a look the fecking heavens open.
  18. 2.0 tfsi fr turbo howling

That's what I'm hoping for but as it's whistling on startup I'm not sure.
  19. 2.0 tfsi fr turbo howling

Cheers, I was hoping this isn't the case as it came on overnight instead of gradually, 45 quid is a lot better than 800!
  20. 2.0 tfsi fr turbo howling

Nobody? Every one of you has had a perfect turbo the whole time?
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.