Search results

1. Leon door ambient lighting

I was thinking along the lines of just patching them in if you didn't need full control. The White and Blue/Green wires refer to the Red and White illumination (don't know which way round). The brown is common (earth). You could take a feed from the switch illumination in the door. 32 pin...
  2. Leon door ambient lighting

The pins go into the on-board supply control unit (J519). It looks like it is next to the steering column and has 3 connectors going into it. You will need the 73 pin one. Blue/Green wire T73c (Pin 9) White wire T73c (Pin 3) Blue/Green Wire: Ambient Light 3pin (black plug) pin 1...
  3. Leon door ambient lighting

I have had a look on Elsawin. It points to this diagram: Unfortunately it seems to indicate that the Ambient Illumination is wired directly to the on-board supply control unit, via the 27 pin connector that goes from the body to the door and not into the door control module. I took some...
  4. Cupra 280 battery case

Have a look at the MK7 golf GTI one, it might fit. The engine bays are identical
  5. Mountain bike in the back?

What size bikes do you lot ride??? I have a Large Scott Spark 650b and I could never get it in my Cupra SC with the rear wheel on without sliding the front seats forward or forcing the handle bar through the rear screen. It's tight in my wife's FR 5d with the rear on - not something I'd do...
  6. Goodbye Leon

JMAC, it's interesting to read your comments as I very much felt the same. I replaced a MK5 Golf GTI Pirelli Edition (Revo Stage 1) with a 14 plate Leon Cupra 280 SC. It was a great car but it just never felt right. I did the same rattle fixes and sound proofing. It was a great car to drive...
  7. Boot Struts

I tried this when I was taking them off of my Cupra SC. It just made the boot a little easier to open but no way would it open via the remote. Even if it had worked I wouldn't leave it like that. I cant imagine that the force imbalance would do the boot lid or the hinges any good as it would...
  8. Side skirt splitters (aftermarket)

These look good. Would have been very interested if I still had the black Cupra. Cheaper if you buy direct from their website (£133 delivered) Also the option of a red or white stripe (+£17) There is also a front splitter to match that looks OK. They also have some very naff...
  9. Painting wing mirrors gloss black

I took the covers off and painted them red with Plastidip along with the "CUPRA" badge (to match the calipers). I was going to use glossifier over the top but never got round to it so they stayed matt. It was on there for months. When I traded it in the dealer said to leave it on as it added a...
  10. Rear Light

Yes... Both My Cupra and my wife's FR have had rear lights replaced under warranty. If you look round the edges of the light, where the lens is attached to housing there may be little cracks. It's a manufacturing defect that is well known. Seat Coventry changed them no questions asked and...
  11. Boot Struts

Just seen that this tread has been revived. A few people asked if there are any issues over time: The struts start off stiff but do ease a little. They get very lazy when cold to the point where they don't open (once @ sub-zero temps it was like the stock struts - unlatched but no lift)...
  12. Cupra tyre confusion (Porsche homologation)

I know that it has pretty much been covered but... My MK5 Golf GTI Pirelli Edition was shipped from the factory with Pirelli P-Zero (MO). Mercedes OEM tyres. I dug into the PS4's recently. They don't do a 235/35 R19 91Y yet.
  13. Lane Assist Error - Any Seat Tech's Able to Help Me ?

Talk to Autoglass... They will have issued a calibration certificate for the work. It's only been 2 months so I would be extremely surprised if it isn't covered by their warranty. If SEAT realise that the screen has been replaced, then it would likely be billable work. A few people on here have...
  14. Why was my dash cam unplugged for an oil change service

I totally agree with the fact that people may not want to be filmed at work. I personally couldn't care less; I have nothing to hide especially when driving customers cars. However, the dash cam is forward facing out of the windscreen and only comes on with the ignition so will not capture any...
  15. Why was my dash cam unplugged for an oil change service

This has been playing on my mind a little because I look after my cars. I had an oil change service today at Listers SEAT Coventry. It was a collect and delivery from where I work in Nuneaton. I have had this service before so didn't think anything of it. When I got in the car to drive...
  16. Options for circa £13k

It falls into the 'fair bit older with more Smiles for the same money category! I still miss my GTI Pirelli Edition a little even though the Cupra feels quicker and more nimble. Not that we would advocate buying a non Seat on a Seat forum, but with an absence of MK3 Cupra's for less than...
  17. Brake clunk reversing.

Mine did it when I first bought it. Took it to the dealer and they said that they couldn't recreate the issue. Hasn't done it since. :confused:
  18. Retrofitting folding door mirrors

Stevo92, If the hardware / software part numbers are the same, it should just be a mater of re-coding the module. If the additional wires are missing between the door control module and the switch, it should just be a case of adding a repair wire (pre-crimped wire link available from the...
  19. Retrofitting folding door mirrors

From a Vag-COM Log (HW P/N for door controllers in RED): Mine (Cupra 280): ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386) Labels: 5QX-959-X93-42.clb Part No SW: 5Q4 959 593 B HW: 5Q4 959 593 B...
  20. Retrofitting folding door mirrors

Beware. This forum started as a Cupra forum. The majority of people on here have Cupra's and 184 FR's which all come (AFAIK) with folding mirrors as standard. So you are probably the first person on here to attempt the mod on the MK3. I would be very surprised if the door controller was any...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.