1. Cupra Kid

020 Gearbox None Adjustable Clutch Cable

On my quest for a smoother less MK2-ish clutch i've come to the cable itself. It seems that the auto adjuster is a load of b**locks as it allows the clutch arm to swing both ways. After a few pushes in the opposite direction the cable adjusts and tightens up again only allowing it to move in the...
  2. Chrisdaman

Gearbox Conversion help 020 ---> 02A

i've managed to get an 02A gearbox for a good price, and want to fit it to the ibiza, as the current rod change 020 box is a nightmare, it hates selecting first and has never lined up properly, cable changes are much easier :) i've got the gearbox, what else do i need? a list would be nice...
  3. Fl@pper

020 Gearbox Clutch Mechanism

1 - pressure plate 2 - friction plate 3 - kit assy (as genuine) 4 - plate washer for pressure pate to flywheel 5 - crankshaft bolts 6 - thrust plate 7 - thrust plate spring 8 - pressure plate > flywheel bolts 9 - inspection cap (green VWlogo) levers off 10 - thrust bearing 11 - radial shaft /...
  4. Dolly_Gti

020 to 02A (MK2 Golf but similar to ibiza)

this is for my mk2 Golf but i figure since the ibiza's run the same box someone on here might be able to help.. My Golf 8v is a clutch cable and rod change box 020, im fitting a G60 engine with 02A box, hydraulic clutch and cable change.. Can i use the ibiza 16v cable linkage? also is it...
  5. 020 rod or 02j cable????

Hi guys, Ok im currently sitting with a dilemna...Firstly the car is currently a 2.0 8v with rod shift. I will be upgrading to the abf 2.0 16v out of the golf soon, management, cams and maybe headwork will be done. The thing is my tuner recomends i change to mk4 gti gearbox wich is cable...
  6. 020 Gearbox Question

Hi there, hope that someone can offer some info regarding a gearbox which may or maynot have been fitted to the Ibiza. I am looking for a gearbox code for an 020 gearbox (rod change) which uses the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder to operate the clutch lever instead of a cable. VAG fit a...
  7. 020 Gearbox

Can anyone help on my gearbox saga. '98 Ibiza Cupra 8v (020 box). Fitted a Mk2 golf box (020 I think) and it was really wooly on gear selection, (wobbling stick when in gear and having to push down to get 5th like you do reverse). Loads of mucking about on the linkage to eventually get all...
  8. Which Gearbox? 085 or 020?

Hiya My gearbox has just gone in my 1.4 1996 ibiza. Im pretty sure these are fitted with the 085 gearbox am i correct?? Does anyone know if the 020 gearbox fits these engines? (AEX engine code) Also, which VW golfs should i look at for finding a second hand gerbox? MK2 or Mk3 Etc...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.