1. lukeharper777

Top mount cup sitting high?

(cupra 180) what have i done wrong here? surely this cant be how they are meant to sit? recently installed Stance+ coilovers and thought id install powerflex top mounts at the same time.. the cup is sitting on top of the bushing rather than inside like i assume its meant to? thanks for any help...
  2. 1.8T can I remove the centre exhaust box?

the center exhaust section, i think its just a muffler, can i change this to a straght through section to join the OEM rear box i know i may have to get it welded just wondered if it would make the exhaust note better and give a little more performance, not that i need the performance...
  3. lynchy

cupra 180 hybrid build/guide thread

just playing with the idea of going down this route, any guides about? parts needed and so on.. thanks
  4. forge/awesome dv valve on cupra 180?

has anybody tried one even though the stock one seemed to work fine? Im wondering if there is a noticeable difference. Purchasing one this week but Im feeling im getting excited to find theres no difference, first mod n all to my cup
  5. My Leon Cupra 180 wont start

Hiya, HAD my car a little while now its a 2001 leon cupra AUQ, had no probs with it past its MOT first time last week. Went to it this morning its turning over but wont fire up/start Any one got any ideas? Please please please help me!!! cheers si
  6. Possible New Owner... Leon FR 180

Hello, I'm very close to buying a 2005 Leon FR 180 Petrol, It's got 55k on the clock and looks to be in mint condition (Test drive tomorrow, only had a perv at the outside today). It's going to be on mates rates for £5000... I'll openly admitt I've only ever owned Fords, I started off...
  7. 180 - 225? Is there a significant difference?

Hi, I am about to buy a Cupra and wondered if there was a notable difference in performance between the 180 and 225. I am not a boy racer yet want a car that can overtake all the carrot crunchers driving their tractors and the hairy assed truckers who block up my route to work on the A roads...
  8. ferodo pads part number cupra 180

Hiya all Could you give me a few recomindations on where to get some ferodo ds pads for my leon cupra 180 facelift please, Pads and disks nearly gone, so gonna repalce with standered discs and a set of ferodo's sound a good idea?? All the best Ben
  9. Phillc

180 Degree 3 Pole Fan Switch

I have bought the Neuspeed 180 degree 3 pole fan switch and plug but it comes without any wiring instructions, i have searched but found nothing, has anyone fitted this? if so could you tell me how you wired it up, cheers.
  10. Sellin 180 FR 4 Golf tdi 130 ?

Hi ive been offered a golf 03 plate GT TDI with 28k for 4 grand i currently have a leon fr 180 on a 05 plate with 30k does any fink the golf will be better value in the future any help thanks
  11. JBS IHI STAGE 1 For all 150 & 180 Bhp 1.8 20VT for the Seat Ibiza Mk4

JBS have released a fully re-designed Stage 1 IHI underslung kit designed for all 150 & 180 Bhp 1.8 20VT for the Seat Ibiza Mk4. The kit boasts a full 3" stainless steel downpipe, mounted to JBS Spec VF34 Turbo and fully back purged ST316SS SC10 grade stainless steel TIG welded manifold...
  12. Nef

Major service intervales - Cupra 180

my cars got about 102k miles on it, just coming upto 103k and the service thingys come on saying 100 miles till service. is this a big expensive one?
  13. Weight difference Cupra 180 and FR 150

Hi Can any one help, I am looking to up my power to weight ratio in my Ibiza Cupra 180 and I notice the FR 150 is near 95kg lighter than the Cupra but the two cars looks the same. Does any one know where the extra weight is? I know the 180 has a bigger inter-cooler and breaks, but that can...
  14. TrisLC

180 cupra sounds like Darth Vader? Search Help? - Updated!!

Recently I have noticed that my car makes, what I can only discribe as a "darth Vader" breathing sound at low revs. When I am lightly feathering the throttle to pull in to a parking space or my drive it makes this noise. This noise is not from the DV as this make a little woosh when I take my...
  15. LEE69

LC 180 auq maf Standard Airflow

What figures should it be reading? Found the LCR versions but not the LC
  16. lukecupra2001

cupra 180 decat and downpipe

has anybody got 1?i quite fancy 1 and im struggling to find any except a supersprint and a 2nd hand off ebay.if anybody got 1 and fancies letting me know where from feel free. cheers boys and girls
  17. richybigman

Neuspeed 180 Degree Fan Switch

Hi, I'm looking to get one of these with the conversion kit but am unsure on how to wire it up as apparently comes with no instructions. Has anyone fitted one of these to an LCR? I have searched for a while and not found any info. Cheers Rich Fan Switch...
  18. sie77

LC 180 TCS Working?

Just a quick question to fellow LC 180 owners about the TCS light on the dash. I'm not sure if mine is working right as i have never seen it flash and i can spin the front wheels in first, if i press the button the light does come on and stay on but my brothers tdi 150 the light is constatntly...
  19. Remap options for 20VT (180 bhp)

Hi, I'm curious about getting a remap for my 20VT Cupra (not the 'R'). It is all stock. From what I can, a typical ECU-only remap would add about 20 bhp. What sort of performance difference am I actually going to notice from this? I've never had a car remapped before, you see... For...
  20. 2004 fr 180 bhp rack problems

hello.. i do the odd track day here and there in my leon if my cossie not 100 % to take.on these track days im using second hand slicks.well ive done another steering rack.in the last yr ive done 2 racks!!could anybody tell me if the rack for the lcr is stronger than the lc rack and are they the...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members