1. Ol' Timer

Driver Power survey 2006

It's that time of the year again to be depressed by or have a good laugh at the Auto Express Driver Power survey 2006. The results are pretty much as expected and in line with previous years: Fabia 5th out of 100, Polo 76th and Ibiza 81st. The positions in each category are as follows (in the...
  2. CUPRAGREY

2006 Leon FR or Cupra???

Sorry if this has been picked up by anyone else but I found these pics of what seem to be a New Seat Leon out on test. Hinting at possibly being the new Leon Cupra. What do you think? http://img.lenta.ru/news/2006/01/26/leoncupra/picture.jpg...
  3. EVO review of 2006 Ibiza Cupra

SEAT Ibiza Cupra SEAT's hot hatch gets some plastic surgery espite its 'new' tag, the 2006 model-year SEAT Ibiza isn't that new at all. It's just been freshened-up, with new wheels, bumpers, tailpipes, twin headlights and an improved interior. The 178bhp 1.8-litre turbo engine of...
  4. m0rk

SEAT reveals prices and specification for sportier 2006 Ibiza

• New 2006 Ibiza range on sale in the UK from 15 April.• FR petrol model now £11,950, compared with £12,995 for outgoing model.• Entry-level price remains the same – £7,550 for the 1.2 12V Reference 3-door. Link To Original Article
  5. ZBOYD

Matt Johnson will compete in the SCC 2006

from Autosport... Matt Johnson, will return to UK racing this season in the SEAT Cupra Championship. The former winner of th Clio Cup, Ford Fiesta Championship, and VW Racing Cup, narrowly missed out winning the Spanish Supercopa Cup in 2004, the equivilant of the SCC in Spain. He is to...
  6. m0rk

Open SEAT 2006

In keeping with its strategy of offering stylish cars with sporty character, SEAT is once again renewing its commitment to sport and strengthening its ties with the city of Barcelona by sponsoring the eleventh consecutive SEAT tennis Open. This event, awarded with the “Conde de...
  7. m0rk

SEAT Cordoba 2006 - New looks and more attractive trim lines

SEAT CORDOBA 2006New looks and more attractive trim lines Three versions available: Reference, Stylance and SportRange comprises two petrol and four diesel engines, ranging from 70 up to 130 hpNew options available Link To Original Article
  8. m0rk

SEAT celebrates a record start to 2006

January delivers a record market share for SEAT of 2.05% Highest ever January sales for the brand at 3,219 cars More to come from SEAT, with March ‘06-plate’ offers SEAT is enjoying a vigorous start to the new year, thanks to a highest ever share of the UK new car market and...
  9. m0rk

New SEAT Ibiza 2006, more comprehensively and better equipped than ever

The new SEAT Ibiza has now arrived in SEAT’s commercial network. SEAT's most successful model has undergone a major styling transformation, both inside and out. It may not be a new model generation but it can certainly be referred to as the new Ibiza following a body workout which has...
  10. RobT

Pastywagon Racing Sprint Dates 2006

Hi Finally settled on race dates for 2006 - going to do the Curborough Sprint Champs again and also Division 2 of the Liverpool and Chester Champs (best 5 from 6 rounds rather than the best 8 from 15 that is D1). Curby Champs is best 6 from 9 events. Curby: May 14 May 21 July 2 July 9 Aug 13...
  11. ZBOYD

BTCC 2006 Calendar Confirmed

The races are now fixed for 2006, here is the confirmed list of venues, circuits used and race day dates. The confirmed 2006 Dunlop MSA BTCC calendar is: Round 1, Brands Hatch (Indy circuit), Kent, 9 April Round 2, Mondello Park, County Kildare (IRL), 23 April Round 3, Oulton Park...
  12. RobT

Autosport Inters 2006 Show report

Hi Went to autosport inters yesterday - not a bad show I thought - met up with usual suspects Chris E, Bill, Revo Kev, Revo Doug, Davey J and friends so good to have a chat. Highlights included: No doubt highlight of show - Khumo tyres that give red or blue smoke in a burnout...
  13. SEAT New Drivers For BTCC 2006 Finalised

Hot news from Autosport 2006 SEAT Sport UK have completed their driver signings for the 2006 BTCC. Joining Jason Plato will be none other than 2002 champion JAMES THOMPSON!!!! :D Now those who know will ask how James can compete in both the WTCC and the BTCC, SEAT have also signed...
  14. NeilC

Whats everyones modding plans in 2006?

I've hoping to get some coilovers at the start of the new year (can't decide between the billy PS9's and kw v2/3's ATM) Bmc-cda turning up sometime mid jan. Might get a braille battery to make the duct routing a bit easier. Then an exhaust and revo stg 2 and see how it goes from there. And...
  15. 2006 Sponsorship...

Hi all, Adrian here, this is my first post, so nice to meet you all. Reason for my posting is a little unusual as i am email on behalf of myself and a chap called Richard Kingsnorth. Richard is looking to be in the 2006 season of the Cupra Championship and we have worked on an unusual...
  16. Muzorewa

Le Mans 2006

We were pondering going to Le Mans for the 24hr race 17/18 June next year, has anyone on here been in recent years and knows the drill? Things like: Ferry/tunnel costs Admission (it's partly public roads but I'm sure they won't miss the opportunity to fleece the public) Spectating...
  17. m0rk

Plato to race new Leon for SEAT in the 2006

Hot off the press! Jason Plato will spearhead SEAT Sport UK’s assault on the 2006 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship when he races the all-new Leon in the UK for the first time. Read the full Press Release here
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members