280mm

1. truCido

256mm to 280mm Caliper Conversion Question on hoses

I'm changing my 256mm calipers + carriers to 280mm calipers and carriers and was wondering if my braided hoses will still fit? I'm no where near the car to check them out so was wondering if anyone knew if the connections were the same?
  2. weekesj

280mm MOMO Steering wheel

Has anybody fitted the above to their Cupra (or any other motors)? I love the way the wheel looks, seen it in a few mkII Golfs etc.. But a little worried about how it will affect the driving (it being so small etc)
  3. dave mac

280mm to 312mm brake set up?

Guys, I have the 280mm brake set up on my Leon and want to change to the 312mm set up, will I just need the calliper carrier or the 288mm/312mm calliper and carrier? I have been tols the callpier may be different to the 288mm item, cheers:)
  4. sjc59

Will these brakes fit 280mm front?

hi guys been a while just wanted to check will these fit a mk2 ibiza cupra with the 280mm front brakes? ebay link Or does anyone else know a cheaper place for these discs and pads?
  5. basssound

Best 280mm front discs and pads?

Well my car is needing new discs and pads on the front, i'm really wanting to keep the 280mm set up as i've only got 16" alloys. Whats the best setup for this size of brake? Also if it's possible would I be able to go with bigger calipers even though i've got 16" alloys?
  6. Olly20VT

280mm - 312mm discs pro's con's ?

There are lots of people now getting the TT 312mm disc/calepers upgrade. What are the pro's to getting this? Are the calepers any more powerfull? I know the discs are bigger wich means the braking surface is bigger bit its not by much. Also being 5 stud you have to drill the disc, is this safe...
  7. 280mm brakes fitted.....

Spent the weekend servicing the Ibiza and fitting new brakes all round, inc. 280mm callipers etc from a Mk3 Ibiza ;) All I can say is...... what a b@stard of a job I had trying to undo the centre nut holding the brake disc onto the hub !!!! Even managed to bend the extension bar out of my...
  8. 280mm brakes on a 1.6 Cordy

How easy to fit Mk3 Ibiza 280mm brakes to a Mk2 1.6 SX Cordy ?!? Do I need new hubs/carriers ?!? Andy
  9. Fl@pper

Girling 280mm front caliper Brake slider pins

for the Lucas/girling type calipers the bit the caliper slides along - in need if 3 new they only come with a caliper frame so looking for someone with some old/crap calipers desperate if any one can find me 3 ?????? off to scrappy's saturday to steal some but be good if anyone...
  10. Fl@pper

Girling 280mm front caliper Brake slider pins

for the Lucas/girling type calipers the bit the caliper slides along - in need if 3 new they only come with a caliper frame so looking for someone with some old/crap calipers desperate if any one can find me 3 ?????? off to scrappy's saturday to steal some but be good if anyone has some...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members