£1350

I got told my power steering needs replacing, car is 3 YEARS OLD! :/

Cleared the error myself.. They said it can't be cleared?!

Warranty apparently only covers me upto £1000? So I have to cough up the rest? Is this the case? Or don't I have to pay anything? Surely if a car is under warranty it's under warranty?!

Give me your thoughts please..

Leigh200sx

Jan 6, 2013
If its a manufacturer warrenty then surely its covered in full ?? It's a used car that came with a 3 rd party warrenty the. There will be claim limits

Dsgfr11

Mar 30, 2012
Northamptonshire
Had my steering rack replaced under warranty on my mk5 golf gti I know it was vw but still should be covered under the 3 year manufacturers warranty by seat I would have thought

Apr 15, 2009
Wolverhampton
I had a steering rack replaced also on a megane R26 and that was fully covered by warranty. Its a bit bad if there saying that. Take it to another dealer and see what they say.

olitaylor07

Badger Badger
Jul 15, 2012
West Yorkshire
My turbo has just gone on mine and mine has done 29500 miles 6 months out if warranty and seat will cover 70% and no more, wont budge an inch.

Give them a ring there usually good!

James_85UK

Feb 23, 2009
Leicester
Warranty should be a case of they will cover all repairs as long as the faults did not stem from damage or driver abuse. Get this a lot with my job and just consistently highlighting that to the companies usually works. Albeit I've not had to do this with Seat.

Deleted member 74601

Would you mind me asking, what were the symptoms that made the power steering needing to be replaced.

Deleted member 74601

Wish I'd known this when I'd rang the other day.

Hopefully the guy I'm dealing with will be good.

Nothing that I know caused it, I haven't bumped, hit or damaged anything? All I got was a error :S

I'll ring them up and have a polite conversation with them and if they refuse I'll just go to citizens advice.. Everyone who I've spoken to is under the impression if its under warranty (it's under warranty full stop.)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members