£1500 max to modify a Mk2 Leon Cupra what would you do?

JP_LCR

Evening everyone,

I'm coming back to the Cupra world, looking to buy a Mk2 Leon Cupra in the next couple of weeks when I find the right one (standard). I'm willing to spend a maximum of £1500 on modifications, I know some will laugh at that (as in once I start I'll never stop :D) but I've got a 4 month old and this will be my daily family car which is fun when its just me in the car.

I've no intention of tracking the car for a couple of years at least, live in Sheffield so pot hole central, on the plus side we have Statlers, JBS (who I couldnt fault did all work on my LCR) plus not far to Manchester for Awesome. So criteria is a bit quicker (but minimal risk to reliability/accept there is always some), bit better handling, I think brakes are more than good enough for my Stage 1 needs.

I was thinking of the following after reading loads of threads from people like Al, TSI_Mike, Hurdy, JonnyC who all developed amazing cars but have deeper pockets than me.

Pro Race 1.2 ~£500 + transfer existing tyres
Eibach Sportlines ~150 + fitting
Rev D DV ~£50 + fitting
Stage 1 remap (GIAC (Statlers) or Revo (Awesome)) ~£500
Then finally either of 2 options below:
- BSH (or other brand) Engine mounts (full set) ~£200 + fitting
- Powerflex Lower Engine bush and ITG (to match Revo) or EVOMS/VF (to match GIAC) ~£300 + fitting

Any thoughts on what you would do different upto maximum £1500 would be much appreciated... Cheers

Al

Aug 29, 2005
1) Revo Map (Stattlers do them now too)
2) Evoms or similar - £150-£200 used
3) Rev D (if not done already) - £50
4) Milltek TBE - £500 used or downpipe only for less.
5) Uprated Fuel Pump - £200 used
6) Eibach Sportlines - £100 used.

Wheels are a nice to have, but the other stuff is more worthwhile. Engine mounts are a nice mod too.

JP_LCR

Thanks for the reply Al hadn't thought about used items might make better use of my money.

I know the parts sale section was closed do you know if most stuff pops up on eBay now or around other forums?

10man

Revo'd cupra k1
Sep 11, 2009
long eaton, notts
Should make for an interesting thread, I'd also like to no where cheaper parts mite be found, we could be in competition, pmsl good luck...

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire

Wheels are a nice to have, but the other stuff is more worthwhile. Engine mounts are a nice mod too.

Al,

Do you need to have a Stage 2 map in order to get the Downpipe + RaceCat fitted? :think: :shrug:

thats what i would do to.

Jan 1, 2006
Sheffield
Evening everyone,

I'm coming back to the Cupra world, looking to buy a Mk2 Leon Cupra in the next couple of weeks when I find the right one (standard). I'm willing to spend a maximum of £1500 on modifications, I know some will laugh at that (as in once I start I'll never stop :D) but I've got a 4 month old and this will be my daily family car which is fun when its just me in the car.

I've no intention of tracking the car for a couple of years at least, live in Sheffield so pot hole central, on the plus side we have Statlers, JBS (who I couldnt fault did all work on my LCR) plus not far to Manchester for Awesome. So criteria is a bit quicker (but minimal risk to reliability/accept there is always some), bit better handling, I think brakes are more than good enough for my Stage 1 needs.

I was thinking of the following after reading loads of threads from people like Al, TSI_Mike, Hurdy, JonnyC who all developed amazing cars but have deeper pockets than me.

Pro Race 1.2 ~£500 + transfer existing tyres
Eibach Sportlines ~150 + fitting
Rev D DV ~£50 + fitting
Stage 1 remap (GIAC (Statlers) or Revo (Awesome)) ~£500
Then finally either of 2 options below:
- BSH (or other brand) Engine mounts (full set) ~£200 + fitting
- Powerflex Lower Engine bush and ITG (to match Revo) or EVOMS/VF (to match GIAC) ~£300 + fitting

Any thoughts on what you would do different upto maximum £1500 would be much appreciated... Cheers

Can't rate Steve & Statller highly enough. He's a big advocate of GIAC, but interesting they now do REVO. :confused:

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you fancy meeting up mate.

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
my mate has just added miltek downpipe 200cel miltek sports cat and non resonated mid section. That with a remus backbox sounds really good so consider it

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
CupraLee

i think it depends on what is classed as a stage 2 map. i am guessing P-Torque and AMD remaps are stage 2 custom on Dyno stuff and Stage 1 is just Generic file from the shelf stuff

that said im sure there was a guy at teh meet on Sunday Yellow Cupra (RO8's friend) and he had a full system and no remap what so ever

lee

ro8

Mar 23, 2010
Suffolk
yeah his name is phill and is on the forum. He has full miltek with remus backbox and no remap. Sounds great and faster too. Smee did you get my pm about the full system on pistonheads?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members