£1700 damage :(

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Arghhh!! I was pulling into my off road parking entrance last night and some absolute headcase was roaring along the road and wasn't going to break. I noticed him out of the corner of my eye and hit the pedal before he smashed into the back of me...

Result? Scraped the right side against the wall of the alley :(

Took it into David Cooks for an evaluation on the cost to repair:

Big golfball size dent in the rear right passenger door
Wheelarch scratches and abrasions
Scratches on bumper right
Assorted scratches and paint damage

Came back as £1700 including a new door and alot of spraying :cry:

Had my baby for three weeks and some numpty has just cost me a lot of money! [:@]

I am grateful that he didn't hit me. I have had that experience and it's not nice.. but still... this ROYALLY sucks!!

andrewb

feel for you mate, insurance job no doubt - did you get his details - may be some grounds for due cause?

mode

Apr 27, 2007
North Wales
And I was getting stressed about a stone chip !!, Seriously feel for you mate hope its sorted soon for you.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
I didn't. He didn't stop, just shouted me to get out of his way!! The damn cheek!

I can't afford £1700 out of my pocket, I have just put an offer in on a house, that money is part of my mortgage deposit.

Going to take it on the chin and get it repaired from insurance. They are picking her up on Wednesday. Going to take a couple of weeks which is just as well as I am away in the US on business for the week after. Will take my mind off it.

I will post some pics up tonight when I get home if I don't get too drunk. I feel wretched right now. No one to claim against and a hefty insurance hike. I am glad it's only cosmetic damage and nothing else. She can be fixed back to as good as new :)

r30lac

Jan 12, 2007
West Yorkshire
sorry to hear it mate.

As you said, at least you didn't get hit or hurt, cars can be repaired quite easy, people can't. It just sucks.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Gutted for you. Glad it was not a lot worse and can be sorted out. The scroat will get the favour returned someday. Trouble is you won't be there to get any gratification from it.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Graham,

I am distraught mate. I can't even begin to convey it. I was in David Cooks pricing up the spolier and skirts two days ago as I was hooking with ya today to see yours and was pretty sure I was going to get em.

Apologies for not contacting ya chap, had a biatch of a day! :(

Gotta spend nearly 2 grand of my own money to sort this mess out. Distraught, gutted.. doesn't even start to convey how I feel right now.

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
Well she is back tomorrow :)

Been away in Texas on business for 10 days, so the hardship has been easier!

I will be inspecting her before agreeing I am happy. Fingers crossed for 10am tomorrow mornign!

red line fun

May 24, 2004
Scotland
i feel your pain! had my 04 plate from new only a couple of weeks ... guy reversed into drivers side whilst i was queued in car park ... luckily damage wasn't too bad. then a few months later a tourist came the wrong way round an intersection and drove straight into me! so i know where you're coming from.

assuming the repair's a good 'un, you'll soon forget, honest!

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
It will take a LOT more than a few scratches & a new door repair to put me off my baby... hell yeah! :D

I just want her back and I hope it's sok :)

S8N

I posed thred yarp?
Apr 8, 2007
Manchester
She was dropped off this morning. I could have cried. She is immaculate. Simply no way of telling that she has had any damage :D

Drove the long way home today, just brilliant. Loved being back in my baby. No way am I put off my car, once again I am in my Zen Place with my FR

illustrious

Converted Beezer lover..
Apr 5, 2005
Worcestershire
I had mine for about 5 days when I got side-swiped in the snow. Had 2 new doors & new rear bumper. Luckily no damage to the quarter panel, sills or posts. I know how you must've felt - gutted!

Megamunch

That's awful

I've had bad luck with mine too BUT Nothing as bad or severe.

all the best with the repairs