£32 for a radio code????

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
hi all,

tried ringing a dealer and they want £32 for me to plug the radio in and get the code! Not best pleased and i kind of know why people now call them stealers!!!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
20 mins labour charge? Probably the minimum fee to cover a) them doing it b) raising the invoice

Do you go to work & not get paid for the morning? They're not a charity after all

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
20 mins labour charge? Probably the minimum fee to cover a) them doing it b) raising the invoice

Do you go to work & not get paid for the morning? They're not a charity after all

fair play but you would atleast think they'd have this sort of information saved on a database somewhere.

vee_dub_modder

Volkswagen racing tech-pt
Feb 19, 2008
Midlands
data protection charge etc.. parts cost only... ring the supplying dealer and ask. they should have it on file.

look in service book or on number plate or ask a dealer if they can trace a supplying dealer

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
lol, yea i rang several seat dealers then the main customer service and they said they cant keep record of it. Bare in mind i cant find where and what dealer the car came from when new!!! grrrrr Anyone got some contacts that could recode it or identify the code for me?

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
My local seat dealer charged me £15 for the code, i just removed the stereo and gave it to them. they got the code and fitted it back in for me. I was really pleased with that:D

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
ill have to go to leigh, it was parkstone that wanted £32 off me lol! stealers ay!

if they can do it for me for 15ish ill be happy with that. If not ill go somewhere else

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You could remove it and give them the serial number off the back, thats all they'd need

Not anymore, the numbers have been removed from Elsa so now the car has to be plugged in and the code is sent online from HQ to the diag machine, hence the labour charge,

Sep 29, 2008
Midlands

Helpful post :D

Dealers must thank their lucky stars when (blinkered) people like yourself turn up to their showrooms to ask for a price ;)

Antz, (as said) goto another dealer. I was quoted between £10 and £15 :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Helpful post :D

Dealers must thank their lucky stars when (blinkered) people like yourself turn up to their showrooms to ask for a price ;)

Antz, (as said) goto another dealer. I was quoted between £10 and £15 :)

No, Mark just lives in the real world and understands how a dealership works. The dealer has to pay technicians to do the work, so that must be charged out or we would all be out of a job.