1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

£5 Ipod connector Guide

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza FAQ's (6K2) 2000-2002' started by Ibiza125, Sep 22, 2007.

1. phil 9289

clever idea, think i'll invest in one soon.

2. JordanMk3

JordanMk3 WackyColouredWheelsFTW

Is it just me, or does the iPhone sound cack on these? I think Im going to go for a Xcarlink really soon

3. Danturbo225

i got one other day 99p from fleebay

when on iphone the volume on the iphone has to be turned down abit the up the volume on the car then sounds perfect

4. i read this 2 weeks ago , i got an adapter, fitted it and works perfectly ! such a cheap alternative ! ( but do remember to turn down the volume on the ipod/iphone just a little ) then bammmm ?! ALL GRAVY !!

5. frogboy

frogboy Guest

Hi mate i have used your gide and its a good idea. I just wana no if u are able to explain how 2 fit a cd payer in the top vents above the old unit ??????????

6. Jotag

Jotag Guest

been wondering where to put the wire for ages.

just done this and looks alot better now

you dont need to pull the wire from the main unit to the display unit, a just left them all attached.

7. clairehall

i done this too, very easy and looks good :)

8. ntcupra

hi all, just seen most people going on about a xcarlink or connect2, had enough of the tape idea and want some good sound quality but still wanting to use my iphone and keep it charged up wells im playing music, could do with a price and wheres the best place to buy from too!
    thanks

9. jonny94

jonny94 Active Member

I've now done this mod, got a belkin one from amazon for like £8, fitted it in literally 5 minutes :)

10. Scott-s

Scott-s Guest

Fitted one of these in my cupra today, really good idea pleased with the results

11. lmow01

lmow01 Active Member

Quality of results depends on a couple of things, mainly the brand/quality of the tape adapter you use, don't get one of the Poundland specials, go for something like this one (which is what I bought):
    amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0007R4LI8/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't stand listening to crap quality music in a car, but this really is spot on. As others have said, you should turn the device (i.e. phone, iPod) almost to full volume, but not the whole way (otherwise you get a bit of distortion), then just adjust the volume on the headunit like normal.

I did originally have a sony headunit in the glove box, but I wish I'd never gone to that hassle now!

12. Updown789

Updown789 Active Member

Can anyone tell me if the xcarlink lets you use the cd changer as well when you install it? Want to get one but not if I lose the changer. Will definitely be doing this in the meantime though!

13. ntcupra

Yes you can use the xcarlink as well as using the cd changer as that's what I do :)

14. Updown789

Updown789 Active Member

Brilliant, thats just what I wanted to hear!

15. scholey25

scholey25 Active Member

Good idea mate! Did this to my wife's mk3 and works great