£500 to spend on my car

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Heh, I mainly want the better brakes so I can enjoy my remap a bit more on the weekend when I'm driving on slightly less boring roads, or maybe for when some idiot cuts into my lane on the motorway doing 30mph less than me :(

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Right, think I've decided now, after talking to a mate (who just bought a 350z, ******* :D).

Going to get the remap and air filter done. Then save the rest and keep putting pennies towards it until I can afford to do something else properly, either brakes or suspension most likely, or if I have to, a new clutch ;)

Thanks for all the advice guys :)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Well, it's either get the remap now, or maybe never because I might not be able to afford over £1000 in one go for the clutch and remap. (Saving for a wedding).

If I wait until I get a new clutch I'd probably end up changing car before I can afford it :D

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Well, just be careful mate, wedding and remap plus enjoyable right foot could spell, car broken near wedding when you really cant afford the clutch.

I personally would do a straight thou mufflerectomy, filter, short shifter and dog bone mount, and leave with that till you have the money to do the clutch and remap after the wedding. The above will give abit more go to the TDi, but wont wreck the clutch!

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Yup, seconded, clutch will go when you have no money to buy one, and car will be off road.

I am getting clutch, bedding it in till I can afford a proper map, and not a 50% map, restricted on torque.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
I personally would do a straight thou mufflerectomy, filter, short shifter and dog bone mount, and leave with that till you have the money to do the clutch and remap after the wedding. The above will give abit more go to the TDi, but wont wreck the clutch!

Good advice, but I'll be selling the TDI after the wedding :D

If the clutch does actually go I guess it'll just have to go on the credit card, and I'll moan at the mrs for not giving me enough to get it done the first time ;)

Jan 1, 2007
Retford, Notts
Then you can go back to the mappers and get pay some more money for a better map?

Good luck, its your car.

Feel you thinking though, its so tempting to go for a map for £300 which is great value for such a big performance increase, Im fighting myself not to until clutch is sorted.

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Feel you thinking though, its so tempting to go for a map for £300 which is great value for such a big performance increase, Im fighting myself not to until clutch is sorted.

You've got more willpower than me

I've nearly had the car a year, gotta get more power now as it's getting boring (and my friend just bought a Corolla T Sport and he's not allowed a faster car than me!)

:D

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Your going to get rid in a year?

If thats the case, save the £500 and save another £500 odd and use that on a deposit on a new car... mate, spending that money on the car then getting rid in a year isnt really worth it in my eyes..

If i knew i would get rid of mine in a year or two i wouldnt have spent a penny on her, but i knew it would be at least 5 years till i could afford my next car, so keeping myself busy and unbored with the TDI now...
Should be a jump thou from FR TDi to RS4/R8/911 Turbo

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
But where's the fun in that? ;)

It's not like I'm spending huge amounts on it. I just want to enjoy it more for the time that I have it. Knowing my luck the GF will demand a new car after the wedding and I'll have to wait to get mine :(

Mine won't be quite as much of a just as yours though :D Probably just to something faster for around £20k :(

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
It's not like I'm spending huge amounts on it.

Oh the famous last words....:lol:

Jonjay said that, had a go in my car now spending thosands on it..
Olaf said that, had a ride in the car, and now following Jonjay....
UncleFester is continuing the fight for the darkside also..

Fancy a little test drive in my car? :whistle::lol:

Doubt a Corrolla T Sport will see even the soot i leave.. ;)

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
I do not want to go in your car, ever!!! ;)

Was bad enough having a test drive in the new Leon FR DSG. Kept trying to find ways to afford it now :D

A bit more power will leave me happy...... for now :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Don't see it as modifying, see it as adding the essential options that were either not available or not specified when the car was bought :)

It should have come with bigger discs, should have come with front and rear ARB, should have come with 4 pot calipers, 18" wheels, better seats, decent stereo system ..... the list goes on :)

I keep my cars for a while too, this way i get to play and drive what i want :)