£500 to spend, what mods should I do?

Dave_225

May 26, 2008
ok,

ive got a spare £500 to throw at the leon.my orginal plan was to get a new T.I.P and some coloured hoses but after days of reading the forum i now have a list of mods that worrying lol

so far the car has had a custom code remap,green panel filter and a forge 007
other than that its totally standard

i quite like the standard exhaust sound but wondered if a cat back system is worth it or possible just a decat?

also suspension coilover seem popular but would you do these first or do the arbs?

i just feel like the money is burning a whole in my pocket and want to spend it lol if only it had another 0 on the end 5k would get the lot lol

so my question is is what should i do next??? for my current budget.thank you in advance for any input/ideas/feedback on mods you have and can recommend.

cheers Dave

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
It it was my dough I'd go for:

Forge 007 (more reliable, less boost drop-off 'tween up-changes); S3 strut-brace (less understeer, sharper turn-in, improved front-end grip & traction + smoother ride); rear ARB (less roll, sharper handling, more grip + feeling of being 'planted' & no loss of ride comfort). :p

Dave_225

May 26, 2008
i have the forge 007,

so is just the rear arb ok ? thats 200
audi s3 strut brace front upper - 50 ....rear lower nessasery?
dog bone mounts 13 each is it three needed??

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
You can get a CAT back Powerflow exhaust for about £250 fitted, with the above mods bang goes you £500 but a better handling, better performing and better sounding car you have;)

Dave_225

May 26, 2008
any videos of your cat back mate?sound clips?how much different to standard noise wise,does it bellow on motorways? sorry for all the questions

davebnly

I LOVE BOOST!
Aug 27, 2006
Lancashire
You can get a CAT back Powerflow exhaust for about £250 fitted, with the above mods bang goes you £500 but a better handling, better performing and better sounding car you have;)

Wouldn't bother with a power flow. I asked them to fit me a 3" downpipe and high flow cat back in november 2007 and they fitted a 2.5. I didn't realise until it went in for the hybrid turbo and JBS told me i'd need a miltek 3", and that the 2.5" had been to restrictive and overheated my exhaust side of the orig KO3s resulting in a crack.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
any videos of your cat back mate?sound clips?how much different to standard noise wise,does it bellow on motorways? sorry for all the questions

It sounds very good, I have a clip somewhere but cannot get access to it for two weeks.
There is a bit of a drone at about 70 - 80 MPH on motorway

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
what would you like to sort on the car?

when id done similar mods to you i found the handling to be a bit bouncy and wanted to get better traction. so i got wider alloys and the suspension sorted. more than 500 quid but id say let your thoughts guide you as to what needs doing.

easy to look at mod lists but better to let your personal driving style dictate the changes.

rear arb on mine has transformed the car for the money but it was one of the last things i did. not sure if it would be as effective without the better suspension

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
what would you like to sort on the car?

when id done similar mods to you i found the handling to be a bit bouncy and wanted to get better traction. so i got wider alloys and the suspension sorted. more than 500 quid but id say let your thoughts guide you as to what needs doing.

easy to look at mod lists but better to let your personal driving style dictate the changes.

rear arb on mine has transformed the car for the money but it was one of the last things i did. not sure if it would be as effective without the better suspension

The rear is very effective even with 85,000 miles standard suspension

Dave_225

May 26, 2008
yeah i could probably strect to that.i dont think the cars paticular needs more power (not just yet so handling is probably the route im thinking of taking

so list thus far:

forge t.i.p
audi upper strut brace - possibley rear too
neuspeed rear arb
dog bone mount bushes

and possible a cat back exhaust

Dave_225

May 26, 2008
if u have a rear anti roll bar is a rear strut brace still needed would it be btetter to fit the upper or lower rear brace with the arb on.? again sorry for so many questions

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
I don't think anyone has fitted the rear strutt brace without the rear ARB just due to how they came onto the scene, ARB came first
Rear ARB is less intrusive on day to day life

Dave_225

May 26, 2008
just been reading your sig.junior.mines a 04 black lcr,how do you rate the CAI over a standard panel filter? i have a green cotton one currently.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
There alot about the pro's and cons. I did a few things at the same time so didn't notice the individual differences.
If I were to do it again I'd probably just smooth the OEM air box, get a bigger Cold air feed to it with a freer flowing panel filter

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members