£500 to spend

laz1

got about 500 quid to spend on my car, maybe a little more. just wondering what people reckon are worthwhile mods. got an mk4 fr 20vt with an induction kit.
so far ive been thinking maybe a remap and a rarb?
are these worthwhile. also thought about lowering (only a little) but only want to improve things. ie not lowering with cheap joms or springs and then the ride/performance being worse!
anyone got any thoughts?

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
RARB is an excellent upgrade, a must have on the Mk4 imo, once you have it on you realise just how much the back of the car moves through the corners, it's really does tighten up when the RARB is on, even if it's not on it's most rigid setting.

Remap is a also a classic mod and one that really does well to transform the car.

If you have any money left do the Audi TT brake upgrade, the standard issue brakes are gash and nowhere near good enough, in fact I would say you ought to look at the brakes before the remap, from memory it cost me <£200 for everything.

laz1

exhaust decat and remap. see if there are any package deals on somewhere.

How much is a decat likely to help? Plus would it mean having to have an aftermarket back box? Want to keep it looking stock if I can without a daft shouty exhaust. Also wouldn't it mean issues with the mot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise