£750 to spend on my car, what should I do...?

caveo

He's right folks , if i planted all 300+ ponys on say a roundabout and didnt have the diff sending most of the power to the outside wheel ..... well lets just say you'd all be saying R.I.P Caveo ( silly bugger he is )

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
If i had to make choice between brakes and diff then i would go for diff,it will make the car so much better in the corners,if you have decent brakes already then diff makes good sense,they aint cheap though,factor in fitting costs too and your looking at around £1000.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
what about spacers guys, ive mada an executive desicion to save for a diff, may be a while but hey...

so whats the real benefit of fitting spacers, im thinking 20mm rear 15mm front, what is the noticeable difference?

lowered around 25mm now aswell

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Personally the potential downfalls outweight the benifits.
More strain on the bolts/hub threads, more difficult to balance accurately
Matched against very small benifits, I wouldn't bother.
Save your cash, and get your missus/family/neighbours/aquaintences to chip in for your Diff.
This time or year everyone want to know what you want for Christmas.
Get them telt, DIFF!!!

GREY 225

Jim R
Oct 15, 2006
I put 15mm on just the back and to be fair i thought that they wouldnt make alot of difference,how wrong was i,the back end was alot more stable in the corners,more planted,it also made it alot better under hard braking,before back end of car felt like it was jumping around abit and abit unstable,rear spacers sorted that out too,for what they cost i think they are one of the best cost effective mods i did.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
Personally the potential downfalls outweight the benifits.
More strain on the bolts/hub threads, more difficult to balance accurately
Matched against very small benifits, I wouldn't bother.
Save your cash, and get your missus/family/neighbours/aquaintences to chip in for your Diff.
This time or year everyone want to know what you want for Christmas.
Get them telt, DIFF!!!

decent point pal, diff diff diff thenn... fook the spacers for now.

best get saving and robbing and begging:ban:

T. Spark

When he ran that times he wasn't stripped out and didn't have the LSD fitted.
Next year he will have, he stripped 95 Kgs out of a MK3 Ibiza Cupra

Hmm, sounds like ok times then! I found the LSD let me launch like a mad man. Not sure how light the MK3's are anyway, but 95KG's is alot, assume its rear seats out jobbie...

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Hmm, sounds like ok times then! I found the LSD let me launch like a mad man. Not sure how light the MK3's are anyway, but 95KG's is alot, assume its rear seats out jobbie...
Everything out, sound deadening, door cards, seats.
Think its very close to the tonne now.
Bills Badger 5 is under a tonne.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
grrrrh, been let down on the whiteline arb, guys lost the fitting kit for it, tail...

back to drawing board on that one then.

oh well.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.