£86 to reset airbag light ????????

chris6210

Jun 12, 2008
Seat in Tysley Birmingham want £86 to reset my airbag light !!!!!! :-o
I only took the glove box out and undid the connector to the passenger airbag isolating switch. Robbing Bas***ds !!!!!

Any suggestions on cheaper alternatives ????

Thanks.

chris6210

Jun 12, 2008
I live in Solihull West Midlands near to Birmingham. I have tried a post in VAG-COM section with no luck.
I am looking at reset tools on e-bay at the moment but they still cost around £50 and no guarantee it will work.

chris6210

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks Dan I hope you are right.
How can stealers justify the charge ? I would imagine it would take all of 2 mins.
No wonder they have such a poor reputation. People value FSSH ! To be honest I wouldn't trust a main dealer to change my oil let alone a full service.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
yer it takes 5 mins top plug it in scan hit reset then its done lol ... hopefully soe one will pop up soon and help you out thats near you ...but 86quid is a joke

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
I know it's annoying, but can't you just drive round with it on until your next service and then they can reset it for as as part of the service?? That's what I did.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
thats just a pants ebay cable for vagcom, youll need the full vagcom license to reset the airbag light, and thatll be £250.

theres no cheap way to do it mate, personally id get a reader use it and sell it to retrieve cash, either way its better than 86quid.

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
thats just a pants ebay cable for vagcom, youll need the full vagcom license to reset the airbag light, and thatll be £250.

theres no cheap way to do it mate, personally id get a reader use it and sell it to retrieve cash, either way its better than 86quid.

no you dont!! you just clear the code. The reader works in the same way vag-com does..

oh and I've cleared airbag lights before

sicupra

£60 dont be silly!! You can buy a cable off ebay for about £10 / £12 an do it yourself or find someone in your local area

I think you need a copy with registered ross tech licence to actually reset it.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
and if it doent work....

return policy
ReturnsGenuinely delivered faulty goods will be replaced, however we must be advised of any faulty goods upon receipt of the item or within 7 days. It is the customers responsibility to pay for and ship the item back to us. All goods are security marked and any tampering with the seals will void any warranty, by bidding you agree to this. We will not accept any returns without a 'returns form' please email and a link will be provided for you. 7 day money back guarantee is subject to the following: The item must be returned unopened and in 'as new' condition within 7 days of delivery. All returns must include a returns form, any returned items without this form will not be processed. We will accept no returns (except of course faulty items) after the 7 day period. All postage costs are to be met by the customer. Any faulty items returned that are subsequently found to be not faulty will incur a handling charge of 10% and postage will not be refunded. By bidding for this item you agree with this.

hmmh, return only if unopened...

you can clear the stored code, but to reset the light so it doenst come back on with a £15 cable.....

ebay cables with free vagcom much talked about in the vagcom section

Rick1.8t

Feb 18, 2006
At the risk of sounding stupid - would disconnecting the battery for a while clear the fault?

Rick

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.