£9990 for FR TDI???

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Found an FR TDI in black 57 plate with 21,000 on clock for £9990 from a VW dealer, wanted opinions on the price as it seems a bit steep? Thanks in advance :D

Slippery_Stu

May 23, 2008
I thought it looked a little steep so checked on Parkers.co.uk which gave the following prices for a 2007 '57'plate FR TDi - 3 door with an average of 20,000 miles.

£13,350 - Original Price
£10,230 - Franchised Dealer :-o
£9,710 - Independent Dealer
£8,930 - Private Good

Still, with a little hunting around I am sure you can find one cheaper!

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Cheers fella didn't think to look on there. Sounds like it's about right, I'll call dealer tomorrow and see what he can do to make it more appealing

Mick288

Aug 3, 2009
Lisburn NI
I paid £8400 for a 56 plate Beezer FR TDi with 30K and in black... 5 Door of course :)
Stealers wanted £9k for it though...

Justa

Nov 24, 2007
Derby
I've got a 56 plate 5 dr FR Tdi with 24k on the clock if you are interested !

Cruise control, zenith grey....

Poverty

Found an FR TDI in black 57 plate with 21,000 on clock for £9990 from a VW dealer, wanted opinions on the price as it seems a bit steep? Thanks in advance :D

You can get a leon FR for that much. Leon is better in every way apart from cup holders lol.

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
I paid £8400 for a 56 plate Beezer FR TDi with 30K and in black... 5 Door of course :)
Stealers wanted £9k for it though...

Yeah I know I could find one cheaper but TBH I'm frustrated at lookin as they are pretty hard to find especially locally, so might end up payin the extra. They are givin me an OK PX on mine too and I reckon I could try gettin 3 years servicing thrown in if they wont budge on price

Poverty

That's true but I have a coffee every morning so... I would but I'm gonna be commuting quite a bit in it so Beeza will be bit more economical... wouldn't it?:confused:

depends on your route and driving style. Dont think leon fr tdi's are going for 10k yet.

Poverty

ah you beat me to it

you can get a 2.0 tfsi FR for 10k but say hello to 28 mpg.....

Ive done over 40mpg on the motorway in the cupra. If I didnt drive foot down everywhere id hit the low 30's with day to day driving. Traffic jams and sitting on the motorway at 80-90 drinks petrol though.

I only drive for pleasure though so average 22mpg.

Poverty

and there not the same size as an ibiza.
the size is what put me off the leon as i think small fast cars are far more fun.

small cars have their merits, used to really nip in and out of traffic in my old ibiza. Trouble is the rear suspension setup lets it down, the leon is all independent [B)]

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Keep looking mate, £10k is a bit rich, mines a 2007 56 plate 24k on the clock from a dealer £8200 with the convienance pack,

Theres deals to be had, have a word with your local stealer and see if they can source you one, or check on autotrader, you do find a number of bargains on there, if you can stop lookin at the exotics that is :p

bizzaboy

depends on your route and driving style. Dont think leon fr tdi's are going for 10k yet.

True. My (Mk2) Leon TDi FR cost a bit more than 10K !
It came with the cruise control, bluetooth, dual climate, 18's etc etc.

I purchased it at a main dealer, however if you look around and stretched your budget, you might find a better deal going private - ie: autotrader.

Can reliably get 50+ mpg out of mine, if I dont put my foot down (motorway/urban combined).

Last edited by a moderator: