Ænema's Mk1 Leon Cupra Build Thread

Ænema

Well... I've not got very far yet... but I thought I'd get this started now!!!

Bought the car in September, so not had it too long yet. It's a Mk 1 pre-facelift Leon Cupra in Flash Red. 80k Miles. FSH. Runs sweet as a nut

This is when I first picked her up!

P310810_1602_02.jpg

P310810_1603.jpg

Then I gave her a good proper clean and polish! Not too much paint fade on this one which I'm happy about. The bumpers and the door handles are slightly discoloured, but not really noticably unless you pay close attention

P010910_1158_01.jpg

P010910_1157_01.jpg

P010910_1159.jpg

P010910_1159_01.jpg

P310810_1625.jpg

So far I have uprated the D/V to a Forge 007P and done the N249 Bypass.

Then I took her over to motoscope with the other lads from here in October for a dyno. Results - 185bhp @ fly and 181lbft torque. Not bad considering other than the D/V and bypass, it's standard!!!

I've now also fitted a universal dual cone air filter (temp for now until I get more money) which gives the car an awesome sound! Hearing the turbo sucking in the air, and then the D/V dumping when changing gear is somewhat satisfying! Will be better once I've had a remap though I'm sure!!!

Pics of the 007P and the filter to follow this weekend after another good clean up

Also pics of recent damage to the car as well. Knocked my wing mirror off driving through double parked cars - ****ers!!! Then managed to reverse the car into a bloody wall whilst rushing to work after the school run! :cry:

Plans for the future :

Change front and rear bumper to facelift bumpers
New wheels (17" probably) - not sure which ones yet, got a few in mind, they'll be a secret for now though [B)]
Coilovers - 40mm drop - Not sure which brand yet - will be dependant on money at the time, but I won't just buy the cheapest available
Cat-back exhaust - oval tail pipe
Stage 1 remap
Boost guage
Silver Wing Mirror covers

Watch this space :)

Ænema

Yeah. I'm really pleased with the general condition of the car considering it's 8 years old!!!

I've got a new wing mirror glass, and two new plastic covers to paint silver over the weekend, so that should stop it looking so much like it's a scrapper!!!

The back bumper was already damaged from the previous owner, so I'm not too fussed! A guy saw me do it, and when I got out to look he said "ouch, looks nasty that"... and I told him that it wasn't my car! The look on his face was priceless!!! :cartman:

Anyway... we'll see how many of the things on the to do list actually get done!!!! Haha!

Ænema

looking forward to seeing this mate... loved your pug :)

Which one? I had 5 of them? LOL!!! I thought I recognised the user name! Loads of people on here from pug 306!!!

i just put Jamex coilovers on mine... lovely for £200 :)

Yeah, the jamex ones you can get on ebay for £180... but I've not read good reviews about them on other cars. Have you had any trouble with yours like? How long have you had them on? I might be interested if I can get more good reviews than bad!!!

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
The white one with the smooth bonnet and angel eyes... think i actually nearly bought it!!!

Hah, everyone has realised there are better cars to get fella :p

Ænema

The white one never had the smooth bonnet lol. It was meant to, but I broke it before I did it. But it did have the angel eyes and black cyclones :)

I've always known there are better cars than 306... but I was addicted to them! I went to pugs annonymous and got away from it all :clap:

Klone

Aug 24, 2010
Clacton On Sea
Hah!

I still want another pug... but i will wait and see what happens with the Leon. Im looking for a new job and if i get it... i might do away with it and get a cupra R... or get something mental :p

Looking forward to yoour updates boss :p

Ænema

Forgot to mention before that I have also replaced the brakes for a full Mintex set up, and put Avon ZZ3 tyres all round.

Anyway... I got my new wing mirror covers through today, so bought some silver paint and some clear laquer and got to work. It's taken me all day (as also been doing other jobs and christmas shopping for the kids), and I'm not happy with the result! [:@]

I should have used some fine W&D between coats for a start as the finish is a bit bumpy... but worst of all, the bloody paper that I was painting on has stuck to the paint and ruined one of the mirror covers. The other one is perfect, but one is FUBAR! Grrrr! Oh well... it'll do for now, as at least an imperfect mirror cover looks better than no mirror cover at all!!!

Right, tomorrow it's time for a good clean up and some new pictures of the mods so far :)

The big changes will start coming after christmas when I've got my credit card paid off and christmas pressies out the way :funk:

Ænema

Right, well first off, I got my new mirror covers through yesterday. As said before, spent all day painting them (as was also doing house work and christmas shopping) and I'm not overly happy with the finish. But they do look great on the car! So I'm more than happy for the moment until I get some time to re-do them!

P061110_1031.jpg

Some pics of the recent damate! Boooo!

P061110_1032_02.jpg

P061110_1032_01.jpg

(I did lose the mirror glass, but that is the replacement!#)

P061110_1033.jpg

Dent, laquer peel, and paint scratch! Not a happy bunny! But they are to be replaced anyway!!!

Then I decided to give the car a good clean again and get some decent pictures with my actual camera, rather than using my phone! I still think it looks damn good for it's age! The silver wing mirrors are definately an improvement in my eyes! Breaks up the red a little! Though I've now gone silver mad, and am trying to think of other bits to spray up now!!!

PICT0403-1.jpg

PICT0404.jpg

PICT0406.jpg

PICT0407.jpg

PICT0408.jpg

Ænema

And here is my shiny new 007P, my pink piping for the N249 bypass, and the new air filter / oil breather (can you spot the quick bodge fix until I get some cable ties?)

P061110_1044.jpg

P061110_1044_01.jpg

P071110_1425.jpg

That's all for now. No more mods this side of christmas I reckon, though if there are any updates, I'll get them posted :)

Ænema

Well... I managed to squeeze in a cheap mod before christmas :)

Went out and bought myself some wet and dry... plenty of different grades, and I mirror polished my inlet manifold! Looks the ****! Not got any pics yet as it's been raining every since I did it, but I'll post up as soon as I can!

New Mintex discs and pads fitted to the front, just need to do the back now. The pads were in a really bad state :whistle:

Sorted Armo's car out for him whilst he was at work (blew a coil pack), then took his out for a bit of a spin to make sure it was working OK... and **** the bed!!! I didn't realise just how much difference a remap makes!!! Just got to convince the better half to let me have one this side of christmas I think. So much more fun to drive after a map!!!

Anyway, more pics to follow :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.