Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

007p tsssssh noise :-/

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk3 (2000-2002)' started by leighwinter, Nov 11, 2010.

1. leighwinter

leighwinter Active Member

evening all just replaced my split-r with a 007p and im still gettig the tssshhhhh noise :wtf: i thought fully resic valves were sposed to be quiet lol anyone shed anylight on this :D

2. Liamx

Liamx MK3 Ibiza Cupra :)

What turbo & map are you on? Might need the yellow spring. Even then the 007 does dump a little to the atmosphere :).

3. s1l3nc3r

s1l3nc3r ASBO car.

:no: the 007p is a fully reserc valve no atmos dump with it.

You will still get some noise with the 007p but not as much as you would a part reserc valve.

4. leighwinter

its not as loud as the split-r and im running ko3 stage 2 oh and it has the yellow spring can anyone post me a picture of how theres is fitted just to be sure ive done it rite thanks :D

5. sm_cupra

sm_cupra Active Member

i wouldnt worry mate, its just the air passing back out of your air filter, also id suggest changing over to a standard green spring as the yellow may be too stiff for your application and knacker the turbo in the long run.

6. p34ch3y

p34ch3y tastefully modified

err what the hell are you talking about ,do you even know!.the forge 007p will not dump to atmosphere in a million years,what ever made you say such a stupid thing?

"007 does dump a little to the atmosphere "that has to be one of the most stupid comments i think ive read on hear scince i joined.....LMFAO

spot on mate

7. Liamx

You've just contradicted yourself big time.

The 007p recirculates back infront of the turbo and then out of the induction kit. Inwhich it is dumping the pressure to the atmosphere - so wind your neck in.

8. joehirth

joehirth Rate me up baby

The 007P can be made quieter by orientating it the same was as the standard Bosch DV.

9. p34ch3y

errrr no i dont think so as it dumps back into the tip,not the atmosphere is it,it still is going back into something,again not the atmosphere,alltho i can see what you saying but as i say it is still going back into something and not strate out of the valve into the atmosphere ie out side

#9 p34ch3y, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  10. PhilW

If thats the case then the standard DV would dump to atmos. lol.

What do you mean? The correct way to fit it is the same was as the Bosch DV. Mounting it in reverse will work but you tend to get a higher pitched squeek type noise.

11. Liamx

Using your logic then cars dont exhaust their waste gases into the atmosphere, they exhaust it into the manifold. At the end of the day the excess boost is being released back into the atmosphere...

12. p34ch3y

again i know where you are comeing from,but your going way to far into it im talking about the workings of it primaraly

13. leighwinter

im sensing a abit of attitude boys :-o wheres the love but anywho thanks for the replys :D

14. s1l3nc3r

s1l3nc3r ASBO car.

Its the yellow spring he needs on the 007p because of the higher boost he is running.