'01 Red Ibiza Cupra

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Standard rods and upgraded pistons??Rods are the weak part in this engine.And 630 injectores for a ko4 turbo:confused:You will only need s3 or tt225bhp 386ccm injectores..

charlie123ii

cheers but the one i think you are on about is way too expensive for second hand k04.

Powerflex poly bushes are done and are a nightmare (rear W/B Bushes)

front upper strut brace done

Custom Stainless Rear Brace has just been made and fitting Sunday

also new ARB droplinks

Handles quite well at the moment after all that!!!

:)

charlie123ii

Tarzan - 630cc is too much for K04 i know but it saves time when upgrading in future. plus i can get them dirt cheap.

as for stock rods and forged pistons, conrods are "safe" until about 300bhp with the right amount of torque. So until i go more than K04 they stay stock.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway
Okey thougth those whould be overkill as they use them for 500bhp see but if you are going for over 300bhp and high torque why build the engine 2times instead off 1??

charlie123ii

cos i can? its no hassle to me. the hard work is done and rods are not hard to change.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
cos i can? its no hassle to me. the hard work is done and rods are not hard to change.

sounds like your building an engine and addressing the wrong problem. is your car ever going to see the power levels to justify the pistons? i prob think not, sell the pistons and change the rods. i built k04 ibiza cupra and never even changed the rods and all is still well. time and money down the pan if you ask me.

tarzan

cupra owner from norway
Mar 15, 2008
drammen norway

That your call mate.If you are a mechanic i i understand it`s easy for you to change.But for us that have to leave to job to others this is totaly wrong way to do it.Pistons can take so much more then the rods they are the weak point.Why chand pistons if you never gone see the power the orginal pistons an take??And rods have been bent by ko4power.Even went thru the block...But hey build like you want.Rods had been my TOP PRIORITY first at that power level.

charlie123ii

yea rods will be priority when more power is obtained. pistons were changed as one had a small hole in it. im in the trade so therefore i didnt pay more than a new set of pistons from VAG. rods are not needed atm with ko3s power.

:)

garethcurtis

Hi mate trying to do a bit of research I bought the engine out of your car at the weekend. Did you fit forged rods to this. Just after any info really

thanks gareth

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.