01201 ABS Pump Voltage Supply - help required

norkle

Hi, new user here, forum looks great and fingers crossed someone can help me. My Girlfriends 04 plate Ibiza has an ABS error, when diagnosed it comes up with

01201 ABS Pump Voltage Supply - Fuse S53 Voltage supply nothing is displayed.

ABS return flow pump -v39 signal not plausable.

I have looked about on the internet and am not getting far. Is there anything I can check? some people have had loose cables, some are having issues with the ABS board which sounds expensive! It came, then went away for a good few hours, then came back and stayed. Even when cleared the error now returns.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

:)

01200 - ABS Valves Supply Voltage

Possible Symptoms
● Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
● Possible Causes
● Fuse(s) faulty
● Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) faulty
● Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) faulty

Possible Solutions
● Check Fuse(s)
● Check Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Brake Electronics Control Module (J104)
● Check/Replace Brake Electronics Control Module (J104)

Special Notes
● This Fault Code usually effects the Hydraulic Unit (N55) and the Hydraulic Pump (V39).

norkle

Thanks for the replies, No problems with the power steering, does that iuse the same pump as the ABS?

Can I check any of these things myself? Can I access the controller to check the connections or is it somewhere imossible to get to?

Is the fuse on the standard fuse board?

Many thanks

canis_lupis

Hi, check the fuse isnt blown but id say its more likely the ABS control unit faulty, not uncommon!

norkle

Hi, thanks for the reply, are they easy to change? do you know where abouts they are? can you buy used or reconditioned ones? I did look in the fuse panel but it was anything but obvious what fuse was what. The little card says fuse 53 is the dipped lights which work so unless the ABS fuses are somewhere else I guess it's not that.

Thanks again for the info, only had the car for 2 months so could really do without spending vast amounts of money on it so if you have any suggestions then please let me know.

canis_lupis

The ABS control unit is bolted to the side of the ABS pump under the bonnet, it can be replaced separate to the pump but if your a novice it would be best to replace the entire pump and control unit, they can be bought second hand in breakers yards but you would need to be sure your part numbers match the replacement, i believe the may be interchangable with other vw, audi, seat, skoda models so you might get one of those more easily. If you are not very experienced with car repair I would have to advise you to have it replaced by someone that is, the abs pump will require cycling to get all the air out of it, this can only be done with a vag-com type interface. There must be people on here in your area that can help you with vag-com and maybe even with the diagnosis/replacement if your stuck! One final thing, the control unit can sometimes be repaired by resoldering a couple of wires in the unit, see youtube for details on how to do this! I hope this has helped!

norkle

*UPDATE*** Thanks for the replies everyone, I hope this update saves someone a few quid!

IT WAS A FUSE!!! I checked everywhere for info on the error code and got nowhere, I was considering ordering a second hand ABS pump and controller, I called a local independent VW garage to ask about fitting them and he said pop it along as he might know whats wrong.

Inside the plastic battery cover is another set of fuses, I had the battery cover off ealier in the day to jumpstart another car and I did not even notice that it has an almost secret compartment! Well a 40a flat fuse had blown, he replaced it and charged me £20 to clear all the errors codes and problem solved! He has had people turn up in the past who had been charged nearly a £1000 by the dealers to replace the ABS pump and controller and the fault remained, they were not happy bunnies when he popped open the battery compartment and replaced a fuse! Also my local garage had fitted a second hand pump in someones car and the error had not cleared so it's probably a common occurance.

Thanks for the ideas everyone.
:)

Kaituna95

Dec 8, 2015
Problem Solved

Just an update to this thread for information about replacement part numbers.
I had an instance lately whilst under normal driving (but not actually braking) the ABS lamp came on with the flashing brake lamp accompanied by four bings.
I was on the way home anyway and when I got there I used my UIF Tech MemoScan U281 and came up with the two errors listed here:-
01201 ABS Pump Voltage Supply Fuse (S53)
00301 ABS Return Flow Pump (V39)

After searching the internet it lead me to this forum and this post.
I investigated the fuse option as discussed by Norkle and found that the fuse had not actually blown but had cracked (I checked under a microscope at work and it was definitely metal fatigue and not burnt as if the fuse had "blown")
I have a picture of the fuse box and you can just see the crack in the fuse but can't host it here as this is my first post.

One order of a replacement fuse from the local Seat dealer (Part No N10424902 at the grand cost of £4.03) and the codes cleared and the fuse didn’t break

Problem solved and solution vindicated!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.