020 Gearbox None Adjustable Clutch Cable

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
On my quest for a smoother less MK2-ish clutch i've come to the cable itself. It seems that the auto adjuster is a load of b**locks as it allows the clutch arm to swing both ways. After a few pushes in the opposite direction the cable adjusts and tightens up again only allowing it to move in the right way resulting in a smooth clutch, however after a 5 minute drive it goes back to the arm being able to move both ways.

What i want to know is if there is a manually adjustable clutch cable available for the MK2 or other 020 car that i can replace this poor auto adjusting one with and does anyone know the part number?

This is the second self adjusting cable to go 'loose' causing a weighty clutch!

Cupra Kid

Has a TDI!!
Oct 13, 2005
Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Right i've been doing my homework and found a really helpful site at the same time which knows a lot about 020 boxes Broke VW

I've discovered there is a manually adjustable cable for the MK3 golf with this transmission, question is does anyone know if the MK3 golf clutch cable and the MK2 ibiza cable are the same part?

vngtx

still stuck wi this? stick a big washer and nut on the cable after the adjuster to take the play out of it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.