020 Gearbox Question

G60MATT

Hi there, hope that someone can offer some info regarding a gearbox which may or maynot have been fitted to the Ibiza.
I am looking for a gearbox code for an 020 gearbox (rod change) which uses the hydraulic clutch slave cylinder to operate the clutch lever instead of a cable. VAG fit a similar box to the 1.6 MK4 Golfs but this box doesn't have the correct engine mountings that I'm looking for, I'm hoping that the Seat used a slightly different box which will suit my needs.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
if you use a mk3 golf or tdi gearbox thats hydraulic you can swap the cylinder for the right angled mech (2 bolts) and convert it anyway

G60MATT

If I use the mk3 gearbox (02A) I have to change the engine mount, drive shafts, clutch, flywheel and buy the gearbox, new quaife diff, cable gear mech, slave cylinder etc. if I can find out which box uses this end casing I just have to buy the casing and slave cylinder!

ELSA shows a picture of the casing I'm after but its not model or engine specific so I don't know which part number to order! I know it exists but I'm not just gonna start ordering end casings until I get the right one!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
sorry just re read the 1st post and saw rod change

do you know the gearbox code for the casing listed in elsa ?

CDA/ASD etc ?

i can tell you what models and when with that if it helps ?

G60MATT

Sorted it out today, I need a 2002 rod change Caddy SDI slave cylinder and bracket. It basically converts the 020 gearbox to run hydraulic. Cheer fella's

thewiizard

Tarmac Tantaliser
Jan 15, 2007
Rugby, Midlands
www.tbfh.org
yeah loads easier would make it like driving a new car... :)

Im very very very very very interested in doing this... But how does the pedal operate the master cylinder? Would it require changing the pedal box as well???

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.