020 to 02A (MK2 Golf but similar to ibiza)

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
this is for my mk2 Golf but i figure since the ibiza's run the same box someone on here might be able to help..

My Golf 8v is a clutch cable and rod change box 020, im fitting a G60 engine with 02A box, hydraulic clutch and cable change..

Can i use the ibiza 16v cable linkage? also is it easy enough to fit the hyrdaulic pedal box and system are am i better off using this and suffering another car with a heavy clutch ..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-GOLF-MK2-G...oryZ9889QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

mattc83

you can get a convertor from vw to change hydralic to cable i will post up the part number later for you

Red Ibiza VR6

Dec 24, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Yeah you can use the Ibiza cable setup and linkage on the box instead of the hydraulic setup.

Yes it will make your clutch heavy, but you dont need to change the pedal or pedal box.

Hydraulic is better, but more work.

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
cheers, ive located a guy on ED38 who can supply the adapter and correct clutch cable... all i need to do now is find the cable set up... which i believe is fitted to:

Golf mk2 16v and G60
Ibiza Mk2 16v

unsure about others.

ronnie35

Mar 29, 2006
Aberystwyth
Not wanting to hijack the thread but, would I be able to convert my cable operated clutch on my 02a to hydraulic? If so how much work is it,would an hydraulic clutch pedal box fit straight in?along with the slave cylinder to the box.

Cheers

Dolly_Gti

G60 spooling up.
Aug 15, 2006
china town
i believe you need the pedal box, the slave cylinder and everything inbetween, from what i gather its the standard O2A box with an adapter for cable .. i got told for my mk2 Golf if i wanted the hydraulic clutch id have to hit the bulk head with a hammer so it all fits, nothing majour though .

Red Ibiza VR6

Dec 24, 2005
Sydney, Australia
You can fit the hydraulic setup pretty easy. You need a VR6 clutch pedal, slave cylinder and lines. Some cars have a rubber grommet, others will need a hole cut in the firewall to fit the master.

You also need a brake fluid reservoir with an extra outlet for the clutch fluid. Some, like auto Mk3s have the provision for this, even if its not used.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.