1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

034 Motorsport K04 manifold - Review of Cracked one

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

I think they will add some gains, but in this respect gains will be proportional to the power asked of these, and hybrids which can flow more, will nett higher gains for their accompanying bolt ons like my 3inch TIP and exh manifolds like TSR + others

I could'nt hazard a guess tho without seeing one first hand on my dyno where I can log everything.

2. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

No I hope yours has'nt, but that just makes the poor quality replacement one look like its a reject sent out to try and make do............. which frankly it does'nt and has had the opposite effect. Replace a faulty product with a 2nd rate just as likely faulty product is some weird kind of business sense to me.. It will only backfire + interest, as its clearly very poor.

No reply from 034 yet.. which is dissapointing. No comments from INA/-034 kinda says it all to me, and is a poor reflection on both parties.
    Hoping some +ve response will be forthcoming sometime very soon!

3. welly.

welly. Badger 5 Edition

4. MK21147

MK21147 Guest

Think he might have problems selling this now.

5. MK21147

MK21147 Guest

Sorry did not know it was you, I had just posted before yours came up.:blink:

6. welly.

welly. Badger 5 Edition

lol, thats OK mate. This is the replacement they sent me which I won't be fitting.

If it sells, it sell, if it doesn't, it doesn't.

7. welly.

welly. Badger 5 Edition

I expect to have problems selling it to be fair, I am actively encouraging ASN and SCN users to not buy it!

8. JamJay

JamJay California Bound

No chance of a refund...not fit for purpose?

9. welly.

welly. Badger 5 Edition

Sadly mildly more complex than that.

I didn't personally buy it from INA, it came from a rather long and arduous supply chain, so me chasing it in tthis kind of way would be hard work.

10. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

A full refund would be the best exit for all concerned and would reinstate some goodwill.

Its in INA's gift to do this if he see's fit to reply to anything 034 K04 manifold related

[tumble weed blows by]

11. IbanezDan51

IbanezDan51 Active Member

I figured it was yours Welly because of your name and the manifold itself having the name rubbed off etc...

When are the JBS ones expected? and how much? To be really honest once my cars mapped and I've got over 300hp im going to start building something a bit more interesting...turbo R32 ...

12. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

Repeat email sent to ask 034 sent this afternoon. and INA has been asked to refund the manifold in full.

lets hope the right decision is made for all concerned

Best thing is refund, walk away, and chalk it up to experience, then the issue drops and people move on.

#32 ibizacupra, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  13. wild willy

wild willy Full Member

Welly, i feel bad for my part in this mate, it would appear you are taking the pain that was mean't for me.:(
    When i decided i originally wanted a manifold i contacted both INA and 034 but out of curtisy i went with Issam. This was not as straight forward a task as you may think but for reasons i won't go into on here despite wanting a coated manifold and being assured of thier existance i ended up with an uncoated one. To be honest i wasn't overly concerned as the uncoated one was cheaper and with the failures of the k03s manis ringing in INA / 034 motorsports ears and the reassurance of a superiour casting etc i thought that the chances of this being a problem were minimal.
    I recieved the manifold and was hit with heafty import /vat charges despite asking and being reassured that these would be minimal. I have been in contact with Bill over the last few months to arrange work for my LCR and when i read of Welly's install i rang Bill and offered my manifold as i'm several installs down the que and was very eager to see the performance gains. The rest is history really but i do feel Welly's pain and have been doing my atmost the rectify the situation with Issam but he has failed to put this matter to bed at each opertunity. I personally have spent over $2000 USD with INA since becoming a forum sponsor and am very dissapointed to say the least at the lack of customer care to this situation, but i am grateful a replacement was sent out but FFS why not of adequate quality and do you think i should really have had to pay $85 again for shipping to cover an obviously defective product....... i think not. Life is life and we all make mistakes but when mistakes are put right it can from experience inspire confidence and gain respect. A bad situation here has been made worse by p*ss poor backup or the lack. The 1.8T community is a small one and word gets around.
    It comes to something that your wrestling with your consicene to sell an item on ebay that INA and 034 will sell all day long with no reservations.:no:
    For once it would be nice if people could do the right thing and appologise to all concerned and reimberse all costs, but as that takes Balls and requires individuals to man up unfortunately i can't see it happening any time soon but i'm happy to eat humble pie if it does.

14. GregP

GregP Ibiza Cupra R JBS05

Should offer a refund as a minimum, and some compensation for the hassle caused.. I would never want to be taking a mani off that number times..

They must be able to send the stuff back to their supplier for refunds. Most proper businesses have agreements with their suppliers, basic stuff a returns agreement....

Time for them to show some good will... they could call it a payment for decent product research and testing..

15. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

Agree with all the above, but one thing that still confuses me is, obviously 034/INA have put money into producing these products with the hope they are successful on the market. If we get down to facts only 1 manifold has failed that we are aware of, and the recent autopsy of it showed some worrying manufacturing flaws.

In any business i have ever been in we always get a failure of some kind on a product, its inevitable. But we always make sure the customer is fully facilitated and work with them to achieve a happy outcome, whether it be credit, new product, refund+ a sign of good will etc...

All it would take is for 034/INA to grab this issue by the neck and man up to sort it out one way or the other.

I am still confused why they don't take this approach. As is no one on this forum or others will touch this product and bad news travels faster that good news.

16. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

quality wise this is 2 for 2 defective, one after service and one before with the porosity and apparent "filled" portions

things go wrong, of course they do, and its the recovering of the situation which redeems things - or not as the case may be. I know iscrew up on occasion, being human and fallable as the next but i would never dream of charging a customer to send him a replacement.. I take the hit and on a number of occasions in the case of a failed air filter recently for a guy I bought a replacement from another manufacturer at twice the price to set it right for him.. Thats what comes first for me where practical.

Its in 034/INA gift to recover this with some correct and swift positive action and response to makes things right for welly. I am not even going to talk about the hours of my time dynoing this over and over again... Wellys the man who needs things put right for him. I hope INA/034 make it right for him.. I really do for everyones sake. Ignoring will not make this go away.

17. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

RIGHT:

I am applying the brakes on this momentarily having spoken with 034 directly now. I will lock the thread in a moment whilst discussions continue.

What I will say, is Javad Shadzi the owner of 034 is now aware of this, and will be responding to me. There is a US holiday these next 2 days however, so a full response may not be until next week, but something should be forthcoming by close of business today.

It is being taken seriously.

Lets see how it goes from here.
    Over to 034 now.

EDIT: 25/11/10 - No contact yet (thanks giving? in US now for the next few days... Hoping for response Monday (end of day UK time) )

thanks
    bill

#37 ibizacupra, Nov 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  18. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

Reopened thread

034 Have not had the courtesy of responding at all over this directly to me.

There is a promise from INA to Welly of a replacement from a new batch from new material, date unknown.............. and not forthcoming as yet
    Additional costs for ceramic coatings are likely to be charged for the replacement

and it seems............. there has been other failure in the same manner after all............. which is not as it has been told.
    untruths aka lies put simply.

FFS

#38 ibizacupra, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  19. Damoegan

Damoegan Sir Bob,a geordy legend..

Any update from 034/INA, Bill?

20. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

there has been emails from INA to Welly.. offering a replacement from new batch as I describe above. when this will actually happen tho... fcuk knows! 4-5 weeks said, 2-3 weeks ago. who knows :shrug:

Nothing from 034 at all despite emails and call to them.

Perthetic response from 034.

INA has at least responded eventually, although I struggle to believe a word said personally. Way too many lies being told to people, and they have to realise "people talk to people". and inconsistencies are very easily exposed. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.