Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

034 Motorsport K04 manifold - Review of Cracked one

Discussion in 'Badger5' started by ibizacupra, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damoegan

Damoegan Sir Bob,a geordy legend..

Very poor show indeed :thumbd:

2. ibizacupra

ibizacupra Jack-RIP my little Friend
    Forum Sponsor

hmmm. indeed

dissapointing

3. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

This is complete BS from 034,like seriously all they have to do is show some good customer service and you can usually win people over, there lose, the 034/INA mani is now doomed on this forum and others.

Where/What were the other failures Bill, i am nervous everytime i heat mine up now.!!!

4. paul-murphys

paul-murphys efr 6758 here i come

what temps you getting on yours robbie?

5. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

840/850c which is pretty good.

6. welly.

welly. Badger 5 Edition

My mother always said if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all....

Note the empty space

[:@]

However, being a mouthy git my nature, I can't see that lasting long...

7. welly.

welly. Badger 5 Edition

Lovely low EGTs there dude - WMI FTW! lol. (in progress :thumbup:)

8. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

Well its got 3k on it already, i guess we will just have to wait and see, but its not looking good.

Paul-murphys has one too.

9. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I am going to contact 034 again with the name of a guy who was helpfull to another user of this manifold who had issues. Maybe a reply and communication will be forthcoming.

10. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

I dealt with a guy called Ken Stevens and when ever i talked with him he seemed helpful.

11. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

12. INA

INA Garrett Super STAR!

Bill I am going to say this in the nicest way possible...

Do you love the attention? "responded eventually" ....I replied to your emails within 3 hours. What lies are being told? If you want to get into this on a public forum be my guest but I am not going to entertain it. You had no right posting up this information on EVERY forum you are a sponsor of. You want us to supply you with products then great, I have no problems with that but please show some professional courtesy for christ sake. The only manifold that cracked to date is Willy's own and i told him I would take care of him did i not?

Think for a single minute how much money I have invested in this....do you think I am just going to let it sit? We are working to get the changed materials that meet YOUR specs done asap. I am working with you and your customers with this and i want to continue this way but bumping this thread every 2 mins is doing no one any justice.

I know there is a problem and I am fixing it.

13. INA

INA Garrett Super STAR!

No its not....I still get 4-5 emails a day about this manifold from all across the globe. I have never left any of my customers hanging and even the K03 manifolds user who bought manifolds from us in the past will be taken care of.

14. rsmith

rsmith Robbie

I doubt those emails are from peeps on this forum or Audi-sport somehow or gtini will I keep going?

I would be delighted as a 034 customer for you to prove us wrong and provide a solid manifold.

Actually come to think of it I had serious fitting issues with my 034 manifold, I needed to grind parts of it off and re-drill the flange holes, all I got from 034 was empathy!!!

Hopefull the next time I deal with 034 I will get better customer service.

#54 rsmith, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  15. ibizacupra

Forum Sponsor

I am sure Welly, and no doubt others in due course will be pleased to hear this. When is the question re timescales, and at what cost to them...

nope, not true Issam, but thats irrelevant anyhow, dont get hung up on that.

I have every right to post about a defective product to help stop others enduring what wellys had to. I am only a sponsor here, and CGti, and on CGTi they pulled the post & caved in to pressure/complaint from you.. It was posted on several forums who would otherwise have bought the FAULTY PRODUCT from you/034
    yes.. and I posted it to save customers a lot of hassle & cost. If they believed what you have been telling them, there was no problem.
    :think: hmmmmm

Nothing in this for me, other than grief, which I know I dont need. However, that said, I am a vag enthusisast 1st, and will not stand by watching customers buy product which is known to be faulty sold by folks who should know better than to sell sell sell, Issam.

Now Issam... think long and hard about your reply to this.. I know this to not be true as do you... Should I post pictures? You want me to go further, push, please do. Your not telling the truth put simply.

What you dont realise is that the SCN/ASN VAG community here do actually speak to each other, share information, compare..... say emails from various people... Am I making myself clear? so when we all compare the same information towards the common goal, which is a reliable manifold or money back, we also know who's said what to whome and all thats been said is clearly visible.. and is seen for what it is. It is an international community at that, and information passes readily. Now......... The ball is very much in 034/your court.. and promises you have made will be expected to be fullfilled.

You and I will not have any future dealings. I do not deal with people that I do not trust, and I'm afraid I dont trust you at all.

If 034 can make this a product which is reliable, then fantastic.. and well overdue..
    We know it works, I have posted how well it has worked as one of the first in the UK to have tested one.. Rob's actively doing the same on his LCR... and the results combined with the other mods done, make a very good power gain.

RELIABLILITY is what it lacks.

16. INA

INA Garrett Super STAR!

Not to sound rude but you can keep going. Those emails are from SCN users as well as AS users. The world is not going to stop turning because a few people disagree with a product. As hard as may sound , people when purchasing performance products will draw there own conclusions.
    Ok mate,
    If you are not happy dealing with 034 then deal with me. You have my email and I will gladly take care of you.As for the re-drilling of flange holes I am going to have to ask for proof of this....if you could show me images that would be great because I have not encountered this in any of the manifolds I have sold.

You will get the best customer service in the world if your expectations as a customer are lowered. I am more than willing to help you out in any way shape or form but be a little more diplomatic. Keeping the signal to noise ratio down is very much key. State your issue, tell us what you would like as a solution and we will take care of it for you.

Unfortunately you do not.
    You found a fault with 1 manifold out of a batch of 20 and you kicked up a storm BEFORE allowing any of us time to take care of it. You need to remember one very key point.
    WE BEEN TESTING THESE FOR 6+ MONTHS!
    What is your point Bill? That people communicate? Its a forum....they are going to do that but not everyone is going to listen to what you have to say. I have nothing to hide period. WHen I am not selling parts , I am either helping customers out or designing new products.
    I was going to keep this very diplomatic until you posted this....the feeling is very much mutual Bill. You have gone behind my back all too many times and cried wolf but that is ok.

We have been down this road before and you came back to us and asked us to supply you with parts. We put it all behind us until now. Reality is Bill no one over here wants to deal with you because you whine alot .You have this idea that because you are Bill @ Badger 5 and the first forum sponsor on SCN that people owe you something.
    Reality is they do not so please calm down.

Are you knowledgeable? Of course you are
    Are you respected? Yes you are
    Are you professional? No you are not
    Are you a bully? Yes you are....if you do not get things YOUR way you do what you are doing now.

What is even more hurtful is this drummed up notion about me that all I am interested in is selling people parts. You have no idea what that is like deep down inside. If you truly wanted to see us release products to the market you would actually be part of the development process but this is the process which is too much work for you so you rather wait for the product to be developed and then rip on it. I was asked by many to develop a 3" inlet for the K04 hybrid turbo's I declined because you were making one.That is called ethical professionalism...how would you feel if I went ahead and did this knowing what I know now since my reputation is so "tarnished".

The K04 High flow manifold was not to be released to the UK market until I had deemed it green light. You went behind my back and contacted 034 direct and got your hands on one but that is the past.With your postings all you have done is HURT the product and quite frankly questioned future product development.

034 will not be dealing with you directly. If those customers who bought a manifold through 034 does not like the service they are getting , they can deal with me directly and I will take care of them. If 034 CAN NOT make a product that suites the needs of SCN users then I WILL. I allready have an SLA made of the new manifold and will move forward with casting it if this project fails.

If you want to ensue in a few more pages of useless bantering be my guest but what you have done here today is simply UNPROFESSIONAL. I will end on this note before you lock the thread like you did last time.

This is an email sent to Bill @ Badger 5 in response to his concerns:
    "During initial North American testing and validation we had no cracking or reliability problems with this manifold or the alloy that was used, but due to the feedback from a few European customers we are stepping up to a better, more expensive, higher temp alloy. Once we have a few prototype test units Issam will contact customers and keep anyone with a warranty claim in the loop."

If you ordered a manifold , installed it and cracked it then you will get warrantied.
    I hope that clears up any misconceptions about our "operation" or "lies" we have told people on here.

#56 INA, Dec 14, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  17. sambryant

sambryant RoadRunner meep meep

hello ina, you should be thanking bill for finding the fault, at least its something that can now be fixed.
    the fact remains, bill is a very respected guy on this forum, people will take his advice and views on products. keep bill happy and all forum members will be happy too.
    sam

18. INA

INA Garrett Super STAR!

Helo Sambryant. We did thank Bill and we told him we would work on a solution. Obviously that was not good enough.
    Bill is not the voice of SCN. That is the job of admin.

19. sambryant

sambryant RoadRunner meep meep

i think you were missing the point i was trying to make. i would never buy anything for my car that bill wouldnt recommend, he will test products, make products, if they are not 100% he would not sell them or recommend it. so what i ment by "keep bill happy and all forum members will be happy too" give bill a product that is 100% and he will use them, sell them and recommend it to us forum members, this will give us complete peace of mind.
    thanks
    sam

20. westallc

westallc Active Member

after the k03 mannifold issues and the way that was handled im pretty sure bill has every right to say what he said. i also applaude him for doing so as its normal hardworking people that will get stung by fitting a product that fails and then having to pay labour fees again etc etc

but we have to remember this isnt a witch hunt and we have to give people a chance just how many you want i dont know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hope this gets resolved and welly is given a product that works or his money back + compensation for costs incured fitting it but that is for you and him to sort not for me to get involved in

p.s what happend to the uk based ina guys why are they not involved in sorting these issues???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.