05 Altea Boot Lock Wont Engage

neonitrix

this is driving me nuts - got home from work today took shopping out of boot and now boot wont lock. I have read over all threads and cant find a work around just to lock the boot for the night.

its well out of warrenty and has had a replacement lock under warrenty two or so years ago as the boot wouldnt open then.

any ideas - and hopefully someone knows what a replacement boot lock might cost?

tks

Neonitrix

neonitrix

oh dear god - i wasnt expecting a price tag like that.

hopefully i will get mcgyver as a mechanic and he will kick it back into working condition.

tks

ed

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Altea Boot Lock

Had mine replaced last month as Boot was failing to close.
Dealer charged £78 INC to put it right , that consisted of 0.5 hour Labour at £32 and about £39 for the lock + VAT.

Boot Now closes much quieter and noticed that the lock latch is now plastic as the old one was metal.

Assume this takes away a lot of need for lock lubricating also.

Very Happy with the price considering they spent the time diagnosing also.

Steno

I have had the exact same problem. First time it was replace under warrenty. Lock would not open. This time the lock won't close. The last time I was told that the design is not very good and that water seems to get into the lock. We just had extremely heavy rain the prvious night so I don't know if this has caused the problem.