1.0tsi 115bhp DSG mods ?

Apr 1, 2020
Hello ! Currently looking to see what type of mods people are doing to there specifically 2019 1.0tsi as the forge air intake and dump valve both don’t fit the newer engine bay layout. Thanks !

Olsun

May 10, 2019
I think it's not really worth moding the 1.0 tsi if we are talking horse power. It's original power is 90hp from the vw polo but Seat upped it to 115hp. I got 2017 model ibiza and the dsg box have failed on me twice both leaving me in middle of traffic that I had to call Tow truck. Luckily I had warranty because they replaced my dsg mechatronic two times. After first time replacement it ran fine 4 months and died again. On replacement parts you get 1 year warranty so I was lucky to got it replaced again for free. Don't modify this engine because the transmission isn't built to last.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020
I think it's not really worth moding the 1.0 tsi if we are talking horse power. It's original power is 90hp from the vw polo but Seat upped it to 115hp. I got 2017 model ibiza and the dsg box have failed on me twice both leaving me in middle of traffic that I had to call Tow truck. Luckily I had warranty because they replaced my dsg mechatronic two times. After first time replacement it ran fine 4 months and died again. On replacement parts you get 1 year warranty so I was lucky to got it replaced again for free. Don't modify this engine because the transmission isn't built to last.
Hi mate, thanks for the reply, sorry I’m not making myself clear here, I wouldn’t be looking to actually nap or stage my engine as I get how dangerous this could be for a 1L but I mean things like turbo elbows and even aesthetic mods

Reactions: Olsun

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I had the old 1.0TSI 110PS DSG Ibiza Mk5 facelift for 2 years, and didn't have any issues with the 7 speed DSG, except for the distinct lack of power from 2nd gear when the DSG thought it was a good idea to select this gear for moving the car from almost a standstill. I did see somewhere that the 1.0TSI can be taken 'up to' 143PS with a remap and I'm sure these 1.0TSI are already outputting on if not over the 115-120 mark anyway. Dont forget, Ford Fiesta's Ecoboost there is the 1.0 in 100, 125 and 140PS tune stock, yet the Ibiza is faster to 60mph, hmm...
Regarding mods (aesthetic) some would wrap/spray the chrome areas on the grill black, maybe wrap the roof black / carbon effect, some may put 'fly eye' effect on the headlights/tail-lights if legal in your country. If you are brave, you could try to pipe through the exhaust through the fake ones, or get an entirely new bumper and put a real exhaust there with a diffuser style.

Olsun

May 10, 2019
Hi mate, thanks for the reply, sorry I’m not making myself clear here, I wouldn’t be looking to actually nap or stage my engine as I get how dangerous this could be for a 1L but I mean things like turbo elbows and even aesthetic mods
Ahh no problem bro. I must misread to. As for mods I'm not very savvy with moding under the hood but if you have FR edition one could put carbon fiber on the spoiler and maybe paint the brake calibers. Doing from factory costs a lot but carbon fiber wrap can be bought from aliexpress it's cheap. That's one idea I got

Skickat från min H8266 via Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.