1.2 TSI Backbox and Resonator Delete, is it too loud when driving

Sep 18, 2019
Hello, I have a 1.2 Seat Ibiza! I’ve had the backbox removed at the moment and it’s nice and adds a bit of noise to the car. But I’m wanting a more throaty sound with some more pops. I have heard some of the Ibiza’s with both the back ox and resonator removed and I love the sound. However, I am wondering how loud it is in the cabin? Is it a loud and unbareable drone on the motorway etc?

Cheers!

ITzadamZz

Aug 29, 2019
I've had the mid resonator removed. Pops and Bangs for the first few revs on startup.

Haven't had the Backbox removed so wouldn't be able to comment on noise for both. however, wouldn't expect it to be too loud.

How much was your backbox removal?
Did you just buy a pipe and install yourself or did you take to a garage?
Also could you please send some videos on how it currently sounds and Il send you some of how it sounds with a resonator delete.

Feel free to either send me them on Instagram: @blue_ibiza_fr_, or email me them [email protected]

Sep 18, 2019
I've had the mid resonator removed. Pops and Bangs for the first few revs on startup.

Haven't had the Backbox removed so wouldn't be able to comment on noise for both. however, wouldn't expect it to be too loud.

How much was your backbox removal?
Did you just buy a pipe and install yourself or did you take to a garage?
Also could you please send some videos on how it currently sounds and Il send you some of how it sounds with a resonator delete.

Feel free to either send me them on Instagram: @blue_ibiza_fr_, or email me them [email protected]
I had mine done at a power flow exhausts place for £80, they cut my tail pipe away from the back box, cut the back off and welded in a stainless pipe with the original tail pipe on the end! I’ll send a video later today after work!

ITzadamZz

Aug 29, 2019
I had mine done at a power flow exhausts place for £80, they cut my tail pipe away from the back box, cut the back off and welded in a stainless pipe with the original tail pipe on the end! I’ll send a video later today after work!

Yeah power flow is close to me!
They quoted me £140 with new tail pipe
However wouldn’t really be interested with this becuase the stock dual pipe is beastly enough.

Nice to know they will do for this price!
Going to try and book in for next week

And yes please do send a video il send back one of mine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members