1.2 tsi remap

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
After getting my 1.2 tsi dsg fr a few months ago, I decided to get it remapped yesterday, and I am so glad I did. I got it done by auto tune in Ballymena, as I'm from Northern Ireland. It brought the bhp up to 130 and the torque up to 156. I would post the graph, but I'm waiting for it to be emailed to me. The resulting increase in power makes it much more pleasurable to drive, as the power is always there, although I always found it good to begin with. I timed it to 60 in around 8 seconds, which omg delighted with, and it is definitely something I would recommend glad all owners of the same car!!

Robsa

Wow, impressive! I got my 1.2TSi on Friday and I am impressed at the little 1.2 engine - coming from a 2 litre Alfa I didn't feel it underpowered at all, which is incredible.

You are the first person I have read about having a remap on the 1.2TSi engine. Wish I could hear about a good outfit down here in sunny Sussex (it's pouring down today!) who offer it.

Be interested to see the RR graph when you get it. Would you be offended by my asking what you paid?

kind regards

Robsa

Apr 14, 2011
Can't wait to get mine mapped feel the car is nice as it is but I'm hoping it will improve te mpgs. Is it smoother ? Any mods

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
They usually charge £280 but my dad had got work done before so I got it for £250. One thing which I found interesting was that even before the remap it was putting out nearly 115 bhp on the rolling road, and this was just from the factory!!

I would say that it is definitely smoother as a result of the remap; any flat spots are gone and turbo lag is less noticeable.
I terms of mpg it has helped as well ; on a drive I do regularly I usually get around 44 mpg, but last night got 47.3 which is an added bonus :)

With regards to other mods I have lowered it using eibachs, more for the look than the ride, and I find the 25 - 30 mm drop is just enough. I've chchanged the indicator bulbs to silver, side lights and number plate bulbs to leds, as well as interior ones. Added a seat armrest and bocanegra pedals. Wind deflectors. Added tsi badges beneath the side repeaters. I also got the interior kit for the radio, climate handbrake area. I got this painted to match the gunmetal found in the new fr, but only used the radio and climate parts, as I though th but around the gear stick would be too much . I'm really happy with how the car looks and drives, definitely my favourite car to date :) ps would post pics but for some reason I can't yet even though I have over @0 posts :-(

Last edited:

Ben-ibizaFR

Sep 23, 2012
Preston
After getting my 1.2 tsi dsg fr a few months ago, I decided to get it remapped yesterday, and I am so glad I did. I got it done by auto tune in Ballymena, as I'm from Northern Ireland. It brought the bhp up to 130 and the torque up to 156. I would post the graph, but I'm waiting for it to be emailed to me. The resulting increase in power makes it much more pleasurable to drive, as the power is always there, although I always found it good to begin with. I timed it to 60 in around 8 seconds, which omg delighted with, and it is definitely something I would recommend glad all owners of the same car!!

Does this have the paddles mate ?

B

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
No ,no paddles unfortunately but to the best of my knowledge none of the new frs have them.
Well I would be pretty disappointed if a remap on a turbo car only gave it 15 bhp, and also all the maps available seem to be around 130. I don't think too many cars come from the factory with the claimed bhp either higher or lower; I don't think to many focus RS come with 300 bhp, 285 or so seems to be the norm.

Last edited:

Squealy

Jul 22, 2012
Northern Ireland
Autotune are a great outfit! Had my Leon Cupra done there and it produced 328.5bhp on the day. had it up on Tuesday and with the map bedded in its 335.7bhp! just need to find the money for a turbo back exhaust and fuel pump now :(!

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
That was the point I was making earlier, I don't think it is common for a car to be producing 9% more power than the manufacturer claims! (sits back and waits for all the examples of just such instances...lol)

Even so I would personally be happy with a net 15% gain be it 120 bhp or 130 bhp, if your happy with how the car is performing it's all good!

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
The map would bring any 1.2 tsi to 130 as it'll replace the factory one. The fact that mine had more to begun with doesn't mean That I should get an extra 25 horse on top of the 115. As well as this ,the torque curve has changed ( have graph but in acrobat form ) and it's far stronger through all the gears. As for the original bhp output I can't give a definitive answer as to why it was this but I would imagine auto tune have their gear calibrated correctly. Whatever way it falls though still have with drive lol guess that's what matters.

Scotty_

Feb 16, 2013
I'm considering getting a map done. My brother knows a revo dealer and is going to speak to him to see wether they have a map for the 1.2 tsi yet. There's a page on Facebook and they have a 1.2 tsi claiming 143bhp with a map and a catback.

TDI ste

Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Manchester

Nice one mate glad youre impressed with it, 130 bhp from a 1.2 is brilliant.
Dont know why but the TSI's always seem to have more bhp than the manufacturers claims.

MJC-DEV

Getting my TSI remapped in Mid-March now I have sorted the insurance to cover it. Really looking forward to getting more torque after having a 130 1.9 TDI for many years.
Funny thing about the insurance was that my current insurance wouldn't cover it but got a new quote from a big UK company that did that was also £10 cheaper than my existing insurance - aka £182 fully comp.

Scotty_

Feb 16, 2013
182 fully comp is great! I'm 21 with 2 years no claims and my insurance was 614 for it and that's no mods. I recon if I declared a map if I got it done they would take the piss with insurance prices. Maps are undetectable anyway so doubt I would declare it haha !

Feb 10, 2012
Newquay
It is 100% detectable as soon as seat plug it in to their diagnostics it's flagged and warranty is void so if anything goes wrong with engine that's one expensive bill I know this as I've just paid 1200 for a weeks diagnostics and a new ecu

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.