1.2 tsi remap

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
I cant say 100% you cant see it, but I assume as there are no warning lights on the dash the car isn't unhappy with it. So if its not unhappy I would hope there are no fault codes. Will see how I get on. They are adjustable, but I don't intend to mess with mine.

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
Two dials for fueling and rev band (I think). I don't plan to mess with those though as that is when you can start getting problems. Its tempting though isn't it to ramp it right up and see how quick it goes, but I suspect it will push it to far and put the car in to limp home mode. I'm not that brave! Stupid for messing with my new car, but not quite that stupid. LOL

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
Have you had it on the rolling road then?

Xanthian as I said earlier mate the car will probably go back to SEAT when my payments are up in 15 months time so the £300 for a remap is not as good value for money. I can sell the tuning box on after or get it refurbished (map and connectors etc) for my next car for £47. So its much better value for money in my circumstances. The fact you can unplug it when the car goes in for a service or a warranty claim is a bonus.

Anyway I chucked one on it yesterday and its made the car quite nippy actually. I've always thought of my little FR as being more like a 1.8 petrol at lower revs and a 1.6 at higher revs (the turbo giving it the extra low/mid range grunt). It now feels like a 2.0 throughout the rev range. :)

I would say its 1980's hot hatch performance now after having owned several 205 and Golf GTi's. Its elevated above Saxo VTR/Fiesta Zetec-S performance anyway.

I havint had it on a rolling road but the company I bought the box from dyno test their boxes and they are the figures shown also I can stay Ahead slightly of my friends 1.8 civic which is 140hp and then it goes neck and neck so it proves the box does work.

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
Yeah my car pulls much harder with it fitted now. I have noticed sometimes if the car is cold the first couple of times you get on the throttle (when the turbo kicks in) it can hesitate. Have you noticed that?

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
I've noticed the same thing, particularly during the change from 2 - 3 with the dsg. I asked the tuners to check it out but there were no error codes and the rolling road was still fine. I don't really mind though, because it happens so rarely and the added power is more than worth this small niggle.

pugboy

Dec 2, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
With me being a manual box I can work around it now I know. Only noticed it when cold so its not an issue.
How many miles have you done one yours? My mpg seems to have gone up. I don't believe it really has though as I suspect the trip computer doesn't know the car is chucking in extra fuel.

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
Yeah I found that if I shift up manually before the red Line it dosent really happen at all :) I've got 14,000 or so on the car from new, but I got the map fairly soon after I got it, maybe 2000 miles in or so. As for mpg, I would say mine is pretty much the same; no worse any way which is fine by me for the added performance.

Lambera03

Mar 24, 2013
Liverpool
heju4y3a.jpg

Proof that my tuning box works.
Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Scotty_

Feb 16, 2013
Has anyone else got this done recently, specifically by revo? My bro knows the revo guy and can get a decent price. Anywhere else is like 400 + vat :/

KK

Ibiza FR & 205 GTI
Nov 24, 2013
Stoke
I thought that the re-map for the 1.2 took the torque figure over what the gearbox was rated too?

Matt_Seat

Jan 6, 2014
I'm new to this but I've had my Ibiza 1.2tsi fr for a few months and I have to say I'm loving it.
Just looking into maybe getting a remap but just wanted to know if there is a noticeable difference in performance and whether it's worth doing. Any reccomendations??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
I had mine done when I had the 1.2 tsi and I definitely recommend it. The engine is great as standard, but pulls much more strongly and freely after the map. Mine rose to 130 bhp and I think this is the standard figure for most other maps too. Only thing to be wary of is overboost from the turbo, which happened with mine initially but was then rectified by the tuners, but other than this I never had any problems.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Matt_Seat

Jan 6, 2014
That's great! Yeah I noticed the turbo kicks in around 2000rpm but if it did overboost, would that be a separate job to rectify with the tuners? I guess it'd just be getting to grips with the added acceleration and not letting traction slip after that?

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
Mine only overboosted near the red line when in second and third gear and even then only very rarely, but it wasn't another job as such, just part of fine tuning the remap. Is your car dsg or manual ?

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Matt_Seat

Jan 6, 2014
Ok that's good to know.
It's manual and I'm in north wales, wrexham but looking at the best price for the job. Theres Demon tweeks that offer remapping but their price is £365, how much was yours if you don't mind me asking?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members