1.2 tsi remap

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
I live in northern Ireland and it wad done by a place called ai Autotune for £250 but that was including discount as I'd used them before so I guess £365 isn't too bad.

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Matt_Seat

Jan 6, 2014
Ok i'll look into it. Thanks for the info!
I'll post how it goes when I get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mat197

Hi guys - I recently started a thread about the 1.4 tsi model I was considering buying currently drive a Clio 197 and need a more econmical car. However, looking at prices I can get the face lifted model for around the 8500 mark. But, I will have to have the 1.2 tsi model.

Reading this thread makes me think it wouldn’t be much of a compromise with a remap! 130 bhp and 160+ ib/ft talk is fantastic. I just wanted to ask has anyone had any reliability issues? Clutch, engine gearbox etc?

I know the gearbox is rated to 147ib/ft of torque so pushing around 10% more e.g 160ib/ft I can’t see that being a problem?!

MjrSharpe

Astra VXR
Jun 18, 2012
Northern Ireland
I had an fr 1.2 tsi dsg before my cupra. I had it mapped up to 130bhp and it went fantastic. I had it for nearly two years before I changed and never had one problem with the engine or gearbox. It was easy to run and insure so I would fully recommend one.

mat197

I had an fr 1.2 tsi dsg before my cupra. I had it mapped up to 130bhp and it went fantastic. I had it for nearly two years before I changed and never had one problem with the engine or gearbox. It was easy to run and insure so I would fully recommend one.

It does sound great have to say. I had a Renault Twingo GT before the Clio 197 that was a little 1.2 turbo went fantasically well so much fun. I just want something sporty and more refined whilst being good on juice. The 1.2 tsi appears to tick all the boxes! + the stories regarding oil consumption and other have put more off an older boc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.