1.2S - big thumbs up!

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
My Leon mk2 Cupra was in for service on Tuesday and I was given a mk5 Ibiza 1.2S (AC)
as a courtesy car. I had the car all day and was very impressed.

Pros

-Excellent throttle response
-Easy to get up to 70mph
-Handled and gripped well considering it's a basic car with steelies
-Stylish dash
-Well equipped - ac/cd/front elec windows/CD/height adjust. seats
-Nice steering wheel to hold

Cons

-A few scratchy plastics here and there but what do you expect for the price?
-Not a vast amount of room in the back. I had the 3 door. Would a 5 door be better?

Very impressed indeed.....and that's after driving a cupra.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
-Not a vast amount of room in the back. I had the 3 door. Would a 5 door be better?

The 3 door and 5 door bodys are the same size, the 3 door has 2 large doors and the 5 door has 4 smaller doors. The 5 door will have better access to the rear but because the overall size of the car is the same, the rear leg room will not change.

It's the same with VW, FORD, VAUXHALL, RENAULT etc etc etc.

maberzee

CUPRA 4 EVA
Nov 6, 2008
Taunton, Somerset
Glad to hear you were impressed with the baby of the bunch. I wonder what you would make of the cupra/BOC?

:lol::lol::lol:

The 3 door and 5 door bodys are the same size, the 3 door has 2 large doors and the 5 door has 4 smaller doors. The 5 door will have better access to the rear but because the overall size of the car is the same, the rear leg room will not change

yea the only differnece is the body of the three door drops down at the back whereas the 5 door as said has better access.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
I think the 3 door front seats go further back than the 5 doors. at least, in my 5 dooor i have the seat all the way back, but in the courtesy 3 doors i've had i've always needed the seat a few notches forward.

the cat

Like a dog with a bone.
Jul 20, 2004
Geordie Land
Heheh - if my circumstances changed, and I needed an economical supermini
then yes, I would happily have one!

I do like the look of the 3 door, but noticed that the inside handle on the door is quite
close to the hinge, so its a tad awkward to open...

Incidently, I had a test drive fairly recently in the Ibiza FR TSI. I liked the engine
but couldn't get used to the DSG....I think the CR diesel version with the manual box
would be more up my street...

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I do like the look of the 3 door, but noticed that the inside handle on the door is quite
close to the hinge, so its a tad awkward to open...

That's my pet hate about the car and with the doors being so huge on a windy day they are almost impossible to control!

As for the 5 door having more room - im not sure about leg room, I doubt it, but it has tonnes more headroom.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members