1.4 16v, turbo?

MeckaSky

I wanna mount up turbo on my 1.4 16v 85bhp petrol mk4 facelift 2008 ibiza, is there any factory made aftermarket, or i must find some custom made? And what are the chances of my engine going to hell? thanks in advance

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Sorry if I sound a bit negative here, but has this topic not been "done to death" on other VAG forums - maybe not exclusively focusing on the FSI engine though. I'd reckon that the same answer applies here as on the other forums, ie "not worth it". Remember along with improved power levels comes the real need for improved brakes and improved suspension. All that points to "sell what you have and start again" - this time higher up the Ibiza range. This engine will have been rated for the power that it is being asked to deliver, if and when VAG turbo and/or supercharge a 1.4 it will not be built using all the same components as this engine - don't be fooled by the generic "1.4" labelling.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
Sorry if I sound a bit negative here, but has this topic not been "done to death" on other VAG forums - maybe not exclusively focusing on the FSI engine though. I'd reckon that the same answer applies here as on the other forums, ie "not worth it". Remember along with improved power levels comes the real need for improved brakes and improved suspension. All that points to "sell what you have and start again" - this time higher up the Ibiza range. This engine will have been rated for the power that it is being asked to deliver, if and when VAG turbo and/or supercharge a 1.4 it will not be built using all the same components as this engine - don't be fooled by the generic "1.4" labelling.

:lol:

Another month, another super/turbocharge my 1.2/1.4 thread.......

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
we all know it's popular, even the manufacturers are doing it standard in new models now

mecka, at present you are looking at custom stuff although there will probably be somewhere that will make one up for ya and if you are worried about lunching ya motor into pieces then it's probably not your best route in reality as it will need to be developed in some way and custom stuff is usually a case of turn it up until it brakes then back one or make it stronger

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise