1.4 tsi 150

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
Hi all,

I have a Leon xcellence tech with the 1.4tsi 150.

In the FR you get the option of changing modes from eco to sport etc.

Just wondering where mine does not have this function what state of tune does it naturally come in. I doubt it would be sport but I really don't know. Is there just a normal mode?

Also is it possible to activate this function on my car?

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Hi all,

I have a Leon xcellence tech with the 1.4tsi 150.

In the FR you get the option of changing modes from eco to sport etc.

Just wondering where mine does not have this function what state of tune does it naturally come in. I doubt it would be sport but I really don't know. Is there just a normal mode?

Also is it possible to activate this function on my car?
It will just be setup for comfort I’d imagine.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Unless you have the Cupra, FR or Experience I don't think you can change the driving profile - those are the only models mentioned on page 230 of the manual on profile.

There's no menu item for driver profile on the connect system, so it only pops up when you press the button you'll be missing.

To be frank it's a gimmick on the 150 FR, I tried all the different modes when it was new and then left it in sport ever since - the only noticeable difference was on the engine map and that's because eco was so useless, it just adds a massive delay after you accelerate.

mdaw1985

Aug 3, 2008
St.Leonards, East Sussex
I was more meaning is it possible to activate the different driving modes through something like VAG com. I have a solid button where that switch would normally be. I remember when really old cars had the wiring behind those solid buttons and you could gain extras by simply wiring them up. Doubt that's possible in today's cars. I realised soon after buying the car it didn't have different profiles which I found odd considering my dad's older 14 plate Octavia does and it's not a sporty model.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.