1.4 TSI 7 Speed DSG sloppy first gear

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
I've been really enjoying switching over to a DSG, I don't think I could go back to a manual. One thing I've noticed though is that when changing from first to second the revs drop fairly slowly compared to how quickly they snap down when going up a gear normally. It only does it in 1st to 2nd, and it only ever shifts down to 1st when I completely come to a stop. I'll try upload a video of what I mean later but in the meantime does anyone know if this is normal for DSG boxes?

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
From what you've described it seems normal behaviour.

I also have the 7 speed DSG and it'll rarely go into 1st unless at a complete stop. I have tried a few times shifting down to first but it doesn't seem natural.

The change to 2nd does seem to have a little 'slip' but I'm sure it's a characteristic feature of the DSG. Sounds normal to me (4th DSG car)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

HighFlyingBird

2016 Leon FR 1.4 150 in Chilli Red 2019 - 2020
Jan 15, 2019
Leeds
From what you've described it seems normal behaviour.

I also have the 7 speed DSG and it'll rarely go into 1st unless at a complete stop. I have tried a few times shifting down to first but it doesn't seem natural.

The change to 2nd does seem to have a little 'slip' but I'm sure it's a characteristic feature of the DSG. Sounds normal to me (4th DSG car)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I have the 1.5 DSG and don't even notice it get to 3rd let alone 2nd.
Never gets to 1st, as mentioned above, unless at a standstill.

Lovely, thanks guys

Reactions: MXP2090
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise