• 5-10K miles

• 10-15K miles

• 15-20K miles

• 20K miles or more

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bas H.

Jun 12, 2018
Hey there,

I've just got my DSG Clutchpack replaced since it was badly worn and got my intake fully cleaned aswell to remove any carbon build up. Now, I've read many things about replacing your spark plugs and coilpacks very often on these cars. People say you'll have to replace the spark plugs every 8K-10K miles and some say every 20K miles is enough.

- My car ran 43K miles now;
- The intake got fully cleaned with an intake cleaner;
- Got NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs replaced +/- 18K miles ago;
- Got NGK U5014 coil pack replaced +/- 18K miles ago;
- Spark plugs look very decent light-brown;
- Got an oil catch can to prevent oily substance go back in;

Just wondering what your guys advice is.

Bas H.

Jun 12, 2018
This is the color of the spark plugs. Looks very decent.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 166

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Hi, the colour of that spark plug looks ok, if you do you own repairs (like me) it's just the cost of a set of spark plugs for peace of mind, so i think it's worth changing them.

Bas H.

Jun 12, 2018
Hi, the colour of that spark plug looks ok, if you do you own repairs (like me) it's just the cost of a set of spark plugs for peace of mind, so i think it's worth changing them.

I do it myself, yes. However, on what milage you need to replace them or what's the advice for this 1.4 TSI engine?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I don't claim to know anything about these twin chargers, but from what I've read, the best plan is to change to Denso plugs and maybe change at 15>20K miles intervals.

Normally I have no issues with NGK, probably my sparkplug brand off choice in my VW Group cars, but it seems like others have noticed that Denso plugs are the safer bet.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.