1.4 TSI DSG 11 plate 180bhp - MISFIRING

Apr 30, 2019
I bought this car about 6 months ago, and recently started to have misfiring problems, I've had 3 coil packs changed but the problem is still there, as soon as I put my foot down to give it some power it misfires and shits itself, the engine light flashes at me for about 20 seconds every time this occurs, it does not like hitting the turbo at all, on the motorway last night I went to give it some power and the engine light came on and the EPC light came on, (first time that has ever come on) and the car went into limp mode until I switched off the engine and turned on again. The misfiring is very persistant with the engine light flashing, I hoping someone has an idea what maybe causing this.

Apr 30, 2019
I haven't replaced the spark plugs no, the car was serviced by seat in jan this year I bought the car April so I assumed they'd be the right ones?

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Which plugs should I change to? I’m putting the car in for a compression test also

I've never had one of these cars, but if I was in your position, I'd be searching these forums to see which plugs people advise for this engine - as well as trying to drive in a manner that avoids these miss fires until you have established why it is doing this.

Dec 22, 2019
Hi what was the outcome of the compression test? I have experienced cracked pistons giving exactly this fault missfire under power.

Apr 30, 2019
Compression test came back ok, so I changed my spark plugs to what someone mentioned in one of the threads in here, all my problems are now fixed

Reactions: Redkev
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.