1.4 TSI Oil Consumption

Chrisallman

Jul 15, 2015
Purchase warranty if you havnt already then it should cover all costs for these sorts of things

What would it cover tho? These things have so many small prints am not sure it's worth it?

Wouldn't seat just come to me with a % cover if anything broke

st3ph3n

Feb 18, 2013
North Lanarkshire
Yes the oil test I'll be getting on Monday I'm paying for. If it passes the test that is. If it fails then the test and repairs are covered in warranty.

The first test 2 years ago I didn't pay for after getting SEAT to agree to it up front but this time, despite my evidence, they wouldn't.

I'd to put another half litre in last night. Managed 206 miles this time, but that's 125, 137 and 206 between yellow lights. 1.5 litres in 468 miles.

When it fails I'm going to attempt to have them buy the car off me. I'm with VW Financial Services for owning the car, and if it's going to be silly money for a repair then maybe they can just cut their losses.

st3ph3n

Feb 18, 2013
North Lanarkshire
The garage and SEAT have decided to do the breather mod - for free - before any tests are done. I've to drive and see how it goes from that. They'll top up the oil to the required level and then I'll drive it and see when the yellow light comes on. If this fixes it then great, if not then it'll go back in and the test will get done.

Not sure if it's the best solution or not, but willing to try it.

Chrisallman

Jul 15, 2015
The garage and SEAT have decided to do the breather mod - for free - before any tests are done. I've to drive and see how it goes from that. They'll top up the oil to the required level and then I'll drive it and see when the yellow light comes on. If this fixes it then great, if not then it'll go back in and the test will get done.

Not sure if it's the best solution or not, but willing to try it.

Excellent news funny how they didn't mention this mod when I called them. I give up mine is wel within the hand books level so I'm screwed. My next step is just ensuring I complete more services to ensure my engine is as healthy as possible

st3ph3n

Feb 18, 2013
North Lanarkshire
Picked the car up this morning. Need a few days to tune my ass dyno again to see if they've made any other changes to it (DSG software etc.). I've to drive it and see when the light comes back on and take it from there.

Chrisallman

Jul 15, 2015
Picked the car up this morning. Need a few days to tune my ass dyno again to see if they've made any other changes to it (DSG software etc.). I've to drive it and see when the light comes back on and take it from there.

Just booked mine in for service and requested change of spark plugs someone mentioned in a previous post to see if mine runs any better.

Am positive they will have sorted yours mate looks like they know exactly how to fix it just don't want to for most

st3ph3n

Feb 18, 2013
North Lanarkshire
A month and a day later and the yellow light's just come on. 682 miles. Will call the garage first thing tomorrow and see what they think. I assume they'll say that's within tolerances.

Chrisallman

Jul 15, 2015
A month and a day later and the yellow light's just come on. 682 miles. Will call the garage first thing tomorrow and see what they think. I assume they'll say that's within tolerances.
Will be just. Maybe the time to call it a day and get rid? Mines better than that but if it gets any worse it's getting put up for sale

2xtreme

Oct 25, 2015
ive only had my car just over a month and already thinking of cutting my losses and trade it in, used 1/4 of a litre in 70 miles, any one know what the compression should be

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.