1.4TSI 1/4 Mile leaderboard

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
My car is ready for dsg optimisation now which is pretty straight forward vs ecu tuning. I will be on the strip this month hoping to set a new record.

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Im afraid not! :( I wouldn't even want to run, I would expect to run a 13.7 with current set up and revo software. Revo stage 1 used to give a 13.7/6 but then got detuned. Even revo stage 2 then only gave 13.7. The added power of a better turbo and water meth injection on hurdys polo gti still gave him a 13.7 as dsg issues were effecting gear changes from 1st to 3rd which removed all the advantage of the extra power even though higher up in the gears it pulled harder and achieved a higher end speed.

Without traction and a good launch you wont get a decent time.
Im going to go down on a quiet day to santa pod when there a RWYB event on, and with the dsg limiter raised to set my time. Then come back after the ecu has been further tuned for power sometime in August.

Theres a sub 13s there im sure of it.

H17YD_L

Sounds promising! Are you goin for a custom tune and binning revo? Probably the only way to go with such a custom job! Have you got anyone in mind?

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Yeah binning revo. If I had to go off the shelf, I would go APR anyday. As the black polo proves(which is pretty standard really) and is more heavy its taken the top spot.
Im torn between autograph cars up near Manchester who can do it all in house......and TSR who bring in a tuner which works on all the big bhp cars I Europe.

H17YD_L

I think if you could get APR interested you'd get a really good map but I think they're giving up with anything past stage 2 with the TSI, seems that way as they never really finished Simons, well I never heard of the car running 100% at full potential.

Might be worth having a chat with Rick at unicorn motor developments. Does amazing things with the 2.0TFSI engine that's where I'm taking mine, he's started doing the TSI's now and really knows his stuff

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Yeah worth a shot, the 1.4tsi is VASTLY harder to tune than the 2.0TFSI though. Its getting around the high rpm misfires and keeping the boost at high rpm. Then theres keeping heat in check which comes with more boost and more aggressive settings which also is a catalyst for misfiring. I could have gone for a larger turbo and run less boost and achieved higher bhp figures more easily but the car isn't about that, also dsg isn't up to it either. 270-290bhp and I will be happy

H17YD_L

I know, found out the hard way, hence the reason I got rid of mine an opted for an S3 far easier to get massive gains plus 4WD so it can take 100hp hike an still drive like standard lol

H17YD_L

I get 20mpg round town vs 30 in the TSI surely that's got to be better lol

H17YD_L

Good times, not quite there though;)
Have you got much left to do on the car? Where's it up to now?

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Still running revo stage 2. Not one to make excuses but heat soak was a big problem. At one stage intake temps were at 48degrees. The last 2 runs I turned my settings down and less timing was pulled after 1/8th of mile. Traction and launches were perfect so that's not a problem. Just need a custom map because the revo on it currently has torque limits in it so even though I have a dag map, I'm now limited by Ecu. Think as it is now I have a 13.4 in the car. It will be mapped in October. I only took it down as this is the last chance I will have this year to do a run.

H17YD_L

Are u running a standard intercooler still?
Has the DSG map got launch control now?

H17YD_L

This should shift when the engine tuning is sorted especially with LC and some sticky rubber.

Are you still going to autograph?

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Yeah he works with a tuner in Europe who has mapped hybrids to 270 with ease. He thinks I will be looking at even more with my set up. I'll get a video up today

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise