1.4tsi thermostat help

Jamesenty

Sep 5, 2016
i have had an issue with my 1.4tsi cupra for a while now, not a massive issue hence why i havent dealt with it yet.

when the colder months arrive the car struggles to get up to temperature, and if it ever does get to temperature it drops as soon as i pick up some speed. so my diagnosis is that thermostat is stuck open/partially stuck open to the radiator. but my problem is is that there are two thermostats, which thermostat would most likely cause this? has anybody got a diagram of the flow or how the system works with the two thermostats.

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
i have had an issue with my 1.4tsi cupra for a while now, not a massive issue hence why i havent dealt with it yet.

when the colder months arrive the car struggles to get up to temperature, and if it ever does get to temperature it drops as soon as i pick up some speed. so my diagnosis is that thermostat is stuck open/partially stuck open to the radiator. but my problem is is that there are two thermostats, which thermostat would most likely cause this? has anybody got a diagram of the flow or how the system works with the two thermostats.
If the coolant pipes are visible / can reach. Run the car up to temp and feel which one of the two is colder. This should point to the faulty one I believe you use an infrared temp gun

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise