Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

1.5 tsi reliability

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Efraim christos, Jul 1, 2019.

1. LouG

LouG Active Member

Nope. All injected petrol engines have a fuel cut on overrun. No fuel, nada, niente, zero. And if the weight of the car on a downhill stretch is sufficient, it will drive the fuelless engine as long as you like.

'& Son' managed likes this.
  2. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

i'm about to become a dad so guess I don't care about speed now either [B)]
    it's partly why I bought the car, I do miss my old honda civic type r though :drive2:

3. Yern

Yern Active Member

I don't miss my Nissan Note Tekna at all...well apart from keyless and 360 degree cameras :cry:

4. Owen83

Owen83 Active Member

fraid not matey

5. Geoff 01977

We've had our 69 plate Leon 1.5tsi EvO for 3 weeks now. All I can say is so far no kangarooing and smooth idle. Also. It's averaging 52mpg as opposed to our 67 Ibiza 1.0 tsi 115 which was only managing 48mpg. Overall we are impressed the engine is very quiet and silky smooth.

Leonfr140 likes this.
  6. black_sheep

black_sheep Active Member

That’s good to know. Hopefully your vehicle has the latest software modification referred to in this thread - just waiting for my A3 to have this software modification:

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/maybe-an-end-in-sight-for-kangaroo-jerking.457230/

7. The Witcher

Same here, 69 plate, FR trim, mystery blue, also no kangarooing or any other issue. Lovely engine, maybe a bit slow as it's 130hp version but of course I was aware of that prior to purchase. Very happy with the engine and overall car.

8. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

Well there are certain conditions that must be met, but in general it is true, injecting is disabled on the overrun, and has been for many many years for many manufacturers, one way to check is to check the instantaneous MPG when on the overrun with a heated up engine and engine revs over roughly 2000rpm.

9. Yern

Yern Active Member

Same here (19 plate magnetic grey FR). :coolthumb

10. Big Vinny

Big Vinny Active Member

My 19 plate 1.5tsi 150 Evo DSG auto with 1200 miles on the clock is absolutely smooth under all conditions and returns low to mid 50's mpg.

Interestingly the 66 plate 1.2tsi 110 (cambelt engine) manual I had previously did hesitate from stationary in first gear and did it from new.