Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

1.5TSI EVO Tuning

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by davidif, Sep 12, 2019.

1. davidif

davidif Active Member

My car is a lease car and is the 130ps model rather than the 150ps.

i am not expecting to turn it into a performance car but feel that with around another 30ps or so it would be a nicer car for daily use.

Ideally i'd like some form of OBD solution that can easily be added and removed, think something like Superchips Blufin etc.

i am not looking at a remap or anything that will permanently change anything.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

2. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

No 1.5 tsi remap available yet

Not even a tuning box for the 130bhp version, there is a tuning box for the 150bhp version however, but as the engines are completely different that's a no too.

I have contacted Revo regarding a remap and they told me will be another 12months + until a remap is released. Problem is even with a Superchips Bluefin it leaves a trace on the ECU so still detectable after unloading the map.

As it is a lease car and not your car I would recommend leaving it well alone (which you will have to anyways for time being)

3. davidif

davidif Active Member

Thanks for this advice BigJase88. Its a shame but i suppose i will have to leave it.

Out of interest how do the 2 engines differ? i'd have assumed it was just the ECU?

4. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

I thought the same but apparently the changes are quite severe

Compression ratio
    Turbo
    And other things i can’t remember

I like yourself thought the 130 would be a de-tuned version of the 150 but apparently not.

It is a bit of a boring engine seems very long winded between gears. And you can never keep it in any sort of ‘sweet spot’

I just drive it for economy now as it doesn’t excite me in any way.

I have hunted and hunted but no tuner is listing a map for the 1.5 tsi. Maybe a good independant remapper could do it live but i don’t know

5. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Superchips Bluefin is a remap. it works exactly the same as somebody flashing a new map and then flashing back to stock.

6. Vag8

I also have a 1.5 130 and I agree needs something more... coming from the previous 1.4 ACT 150 I’m down 20bhp and 50Nm torque so I’ve been looking too, pretty much the same engine is in the Tiguan but Vw are quoting an extra 22Nm so there must be the capability.

The I have found a couple of European companies selling tuning boxes for this engine and also found this one for the both the Leon & the VW golf 1.5 130 claimed gain is 33bhp & 57Nm more or less bang on the extra 30bhp you are looking for so might be worth enquiring on:

https://www.tuningbox.com/en/petrol-performance-chip-tuning/cars/seat/leon/1-5-tsi-130.htm

https://www.tuningbox.com/en/petrol-performance-chip-tuning/cars/volkswagen/golf-vii/1-5-tsi-130.htm

7. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

£469 for a tuning box :eek:

Had a couple of tuning boxes before they don’t come close to a remap. If those boxes were around £200 i’d maybe take a punt on one

8. davidif

davidif Active Member

Same here £469 for a box is a bit more than i'd be comfortable paying. Guess i'll have to learn to enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks for the input.