1.6 s to 1.6 se? (adding rear electric windows)

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
the Leon 1.6 SE & SX have rear electric windows, whereas the Leon 1.6 S does not, unfortunately.

How easy would it be to get the S set up with rear electric windows exactly like the SE/SX?

estimated price would be interesting too.

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
I would imagine you would need the door panel that holds all the electrical parts it bolts to the door, and the loom, which if lVW is like some other manufacturers it should plug in to your existing loom you would then need the switches and new door cards not sure if yours had the holes for the switches or not, then the drivers side switches and loom. I did this on my Vectra GSI and it cost me £150 it was all plug and play, if the leon is the same you will be laughing if not i would give it a miss tbh.

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Why worry about the rear windows? It's not like you're ever gonna open them. I'm sure if a passenger wants to, they can use the winder :D

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
I would imagine you would need the door panel that holds all the electrical parts it bolts to the door, and the loom, which if lVW is like some other manufacturers it should plug in to your existing loom you would then need the switches and new door cards not sure if yours had the holes for the switches or not, then the drivers side switches and loom. I did this on my Vectra GSI and it cost me £150 it was all plug and play, if the leon is the same you will be laughing if not i would give it a miss tbh.

cheers Phil Il check it out, got to get the ride first.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
Why worry about the rear windows? It's not like you're ever gonna open them. I'm sure if a passenger wants to, they can use the winder :D

Its just nice ;) life little extras for those times when you say daym i will i had rear electric windows - there rare occusion but cant be caught out if you got them.

If its going to cost a bomb I would bother but it was just a thought